Any one having this problem adding VLC to Mozilla?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Lee, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    2. gwtc
    Jan 24, 11:08 am show options

    Lee wrote:
    > I have just upgraded Video Lan version 0.8.4a to my computer. Now
    > however when I go to view ie streaming media (hopefully right
    > description) from my web page of www.bellsouth.net with Mozilla I get
    > nothing at all but when I deleted VLC media Player, windows media player
    > took right overnd displayed the subject matter mainly videos. I like
    > VLC media player and would prefer to stay with it any tips or help would
    > be appreciated so I amy continue with it.

    > Lee

    Look here for some tips: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html#VLC

    Otherwise, can you give us a direct link to the sites you're having
    problems with. Thanks

    Hi GWTC

    OK I followed the instruction s on the page and moved the 2 files with
    negative
    results. Any other tips? htt://www.bellsouth.net

    Lee

    Lee, Jan 24, 2006

  2. Lee

    gwtc Guest

    Lee wrote:

    > 2. gwtc
    > Jan 24, 11:08 am show options
    >
    > Lee wrote:
    > > I have just upgraded Video Lan version 0.8.4a to my computer. Now
    > > however when I go to view ie streaming media (hopefully right
    > > description) from my web page of www.bellsouth.net with Mozilla I get
    > > nothing at all but when I deleted VLC media Player, windows media player
    > > took right overnd displayed the subject matter mainly videos. I like
    > > VLC media player and would prefer to stay with it any tips or help would
    > > be appreciated so I amy continue with it.

    > > Lee

    > Look here for some tips: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html#VLC
    >
    > Otherwise, can you give us a direct link to the sites you're having
    > problems with. Thanks
    >
    > Hi GWTC
    >
    > OK I followed the instruction s on the page and moved the 2 files with
    > negative
    > results. Any other tips? htt://www.bellsouth.net
    >
    > Lee

    you made those changes with the progam closed, right?

    I've used vlc with no problems. I've used both google's version and
    the open source version.

    Where exactly on the bellsouth network are you having problems?

    gwtc, Jan 24, 2006

  3. Lee

    Lee Guest

    gwtc wrote:

    >> Look here for some tips: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html#VLC
    >>
    >> Otherwise, can you give us a direct link to the sites you're having
    >> problems with. Thanks
    >>
    >> Hi GWTC
    >>
    >> OK I followed the instruction s on the page and moved the 2 files with
    >> negative
    >> results. Any other tips? htt://www.bellsouth.net
    >>
    >> Lee

    > you made those changes with the progam closed, right?
    >
    > I've used vlc with no problems. I've used both google's version and the
    > open source version.
    >
    > Where exactly on the bellsouth network are you having problems?

    Gwtc

    http://home.bellsouth.net/s/s.dll?spage=hb/index.htm#
    Middle column in video center
    Funny thing is if I delete VLC it works in IE

    Lee

    Lee, Jan 24, 2006
  4. Lee

    gwtc Guest

    Lee wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >

    >>>Look here for some tips: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html#VLC
    >>>
    >>>Otherwise, can you give us a direct link to the sites you're having
    >>>problems with. Thanks
    >>>
    >>>Hi GWTC
    >>>
    >>>OK I followed the instruction s on the page and moved the 2 files with
    >>>negative
    >>>results. Any other tips? htt://www.bellsouth.net
    >>>
    >>>Lee

    >>you made those changes with the progam closed, right?
    >>
    >>I've used vlc with no problems. I've used both google's version and the
    >>open source version.
    >>
    >>Where exactly on the bellsouth network are you having problems?

    > Gwtc
    >
    > http://home.bellsouth.net/s/s.dll?spage=hb/index.htm#
    > Middle column in video center
    > Funny thing is if I delete VLC it works in IE
    >
    > Lee

    Well, I don't know. Maybe it must be something that WMP has that VL
    doesn't. If you're looking for an alternative to WMP, try
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm

    Or an alternative for RealPlayer or RealAudio [or whatever name they
    go by now] try Real Alternative
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

    gwtc, Jan 24, 2006
  5. Lee

    Lee Guest

    gwtc wrote:

    > Well, I don't know. Maybe it must be something that WMP has that VL
    > doesn't. If you're looking for an alternative to WMP, try
    > http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm
    >
    > Or an alternative for RealPlayer or RealAudio [or whatever name they go
    > by now] try Real Alternative
    > http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

    Hi GWTC

    Hey no problem will mess with it some more. Funny thing is on my other
    computer with 98 SE it works great, but Mozilla only accepts Windows
    Media and WXP looks for VLC, oh well that is the fun of computing always
    something new to figure out. Again thanks for the help and also Ed for his.

    Lee in Fl

    Lee, Jan 25, 2006