Any one having this problem adding VLC to Mozilla?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Lee, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    3. Ed Mullen wrote:

    Lee wrote:
    > I have just upgraded Video Lan version 0.8.4a to my computer. Now
    > however when I go to view ie streaming media (hopefully right
    > description) from my web page of www.bellsouth.net with Mozilla I get
    > nothing at all but when I deleted VLC media Player, windows media player
    > took right overnd displayed the subject matter mainly videos. I like
    > VLC media player and would prefer to stay with it any tips or help would
    > be appreciated so I amy continue with it.

    > Lee

    Not familiar with VLC but it sounds like either a configuration setting
    within VLC or, perhaps, that a plugin is needed to get it to work with
    Mozilla. Also, with VLC installed check the Helper Applications list in
    Mozilla to see what's being used for the various video/audio file types.

    --
    Ed Mullen

    I tried the other suggestion of moving the 2 dll files as described on
    the web page recommended with no luck. It does work with MS media but
    not with VLC Hey check it out it works great as a program and runs a lot
    of items that media player did not.

    Lee

    Lee, Jan 24, 2006