    VLC media player and would prefer to stay with it any tips or help would
    be appreciated so I amy continue with it.

    Lee

    Lee, Jan 24, 2006

  2. Lee

    gwtc Guest

    Lee wrote:
    > I have just upgraded Video Lan version 0.8.4a to my computer. Now
    > however when I go to view ie streaming media (hopefully right
    > description) from my web page of www.bellsouth.net with Mozilla I get
    > nothing at all but when I deleted VLC media Player, windows media player
    > took right overnd displayed the subject matter mainly videos. I like
    > VLC media player and would prefer to stay with it any tips or help would
    > be appreciated so I amy continue with it.
    >
    > Lee

    Look here for some tips: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html#VLC

    Otherwise, can you give us a direct link to the sites you're having
    problems with. Thanks

    gwtc, Jan 24, 2006

  3. Lee

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Lee wrote:
    > I have just upgraded Video Lan version 0.8.4a to my computer. Now
    > however when I go to view ie streaming media (hopefully right
    > description) from my web page of www.bellsouth.net with Mozilla I get
    > nothing at all but when I deleted VLC media Player, windows media player
    > took right overnd displayed the subject matter mainly videos. I like
    > VLC media player and would prefer to stay with it any tips or help would
    > be appreciated so I amy continue with it.
    >
    > Lee

    Not familiar with VLC but it sounds like either a configuration setting
    within VLC or, perhaps, that a plugin is needed to get it to work with
    Mozilla. Also, with VLC installed check the Helper Applications list in
    Mozilla to see what's being used for the various video/audio file types.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 24, 2006