    Does anyone know of a way to solve this problem without doing a total reinstallation.

    I have tried a Windows "repair" installation but the problem is still there.

    Bolivar

    Boliver Shagnasti, Mar 23, 2007

  2. Boliver Shagnasti

    pcbutts1 Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312295

    "Boliver Shagnasti" <> wrote in message
    news:7ZRMh.42030$...
    I have a system I built (P4 3.0 ghz) 2gb RAM, 100 GB HDD. I Installed
    Windows XP Professional in May 2006 and have kept it updated with all the
    automatic updates.

    For some unknown (one never know their reasons) my 15 year old grandson
    decided it needed to be upgraded (I was away at the time) and used a copy of
    his buddie's Windows XP Professional "Upgrade".

    I started giving messages at login that "this copy of XP must be
    re-activated, do you wish to activate it now?" If I click OK it then tells
    me "this copy is already activated, click OK to exit." When I click OK it
    put me back at Login and just keeps going in a circle. I can go no further
    unless I go in on "safe mode"

    pcbutts1, Mar 23, 2007

  3. Boliver Shagnasti

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:01:25 -0500, "Boliver Shagnasti"
    <> wrote:

    >------=_NextPart_000_00A8_01C76D32.38039620

    Try again, this time in plain text.

    Evan Platt, Mar 23, 2007
  4. Ok here it is in plain text

    Boliver Shagnasti, Mar 23, 2007
  5. I have a system I built (P4 3.0 ghz) 2gb RAM, 100 GB HDD. I Installed

    Boliver Shagnasti, Mar 23, 2007
  6. Boliver Shagnasti

    Leythos Guest

    On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:55:27 -0500, Boliver Shagnasti wrote:

    > I have a system I built (P4 3.0 ghz) 2gb RAM, 100 GB HDD. I Installed
    > Windows XP Professional in May 2006 and have kept it updated with all the
    > automatic updates.
    >
    > For some unknown (one never know their reasons) my 15 year old grandson
    > decided it needed to be upgraded (I was away at the time) and used a copy of
    > his buddie's Windows XP Professional "Upgrade".
    >
    > I started giving messages at login that "this copy of XP must be
    > re-activated, do you wish to activate it now?" If I click OK it then tells
    > me "this copy is already activated, click OK to exit." When I click OK it
    > put me back at Login and just keeps going in a circle. I can go no further
    > unless I go in on "safe mode"
    >
    > Does anyone know of a way to solve this problem without doing a total
    > reinstallation.
    >
    > I have tried a Windows "repair" installation but the problem is still there.

    Yep, shoot the kid and then wipe/reinstall the computer using your
    recovery CD or origonal media.

    *** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm ,