any one complete MSD.NET and go on to do MCDBA?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Peter Row, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Peter Row

    Peter Row Guest

    Hi,

    I'm aiming for the MCSD.NET and have so far completed 70-316 Win apps.
    I'm now going for 70-315 Web apps.

    For the elective exam I'm going to do 70-229 SQL Server 2000 Db Design &
    Imp.
    This exam forms part of the MCDBA. And either of the above exams can be
    used as the elective for the MCDBA. This only leaves 2 exams to do to gain
    the
    MCDBA certification as well.

    Has anyone gone from doing the MCSD.NET and completed the extra 2 exams
    needed to get the MCDBA. If so which exams did you do and what were your
    experiences of doing them.

    Regards,
    Peter

    Peter Row, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Peter Row

    DST Guest

    This is my MCSD .NET track: 70-305, 70-306, 70-310, 70-229, 70-300

    I went on for a MCSE 2003/Security (I made a career move: from
    development to security), and started with
    70-290 and 70-228, after which I got my MCDBA.

    If your goal is MCDBA, go for 70-290, not for 70-291. 70-290 is easier,
    because you don't need to know a lot about networking (except maybe
    configuring a network interface).
    You could also take Exam 70-215 (Windows 2000), it's probably easier.
    I also did 70-270 and found it pretty similar to 70-290, so if you
    don't have much experience with W2K3 but have a lot of experience
    administering XP, studying for 70-290 will be easier.

    I've worked as a consultant at a small company were I had to "cover"
    the full development life-cycle of a back-end application, from
    requirements to production, so I also had a lot of hands-on time with
    MS SQL.
    I didn't have to study a lot for 70-228, but I made sure to review the
    stuff about database files, and also to know the syntax of the
    commands.
    You won't get questions about the enterprise manager, you need to know
    how to do everything with T-SQL.
    Example: if you get a question about creating a database, the answers
    will show SQL syntax, and not EM screenshots.

    It all depends on your knowledge and experience.

    Success,

    DST

    DST, Jan 31, 2006

  3. hello,Peter.
    i've already passed 70-316 and now going for 70-315.
    do you have an msn account?
    i would like to add u to my msn contract lists.
    thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?cndhZGE=?=, Feb 5, 2006