  1. ZONED!

    ZONED! Guest

    Has any one in here shot any fireworks pix that are posted on line?
    ZONED!, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Bob Harrington, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Michael Kilpatrick, Jan 2, 2005
  4. ZONED!

    Mick Brown Guest

    Mick Brown, Jan 2, 2005
  5. Probably was me. Most of the time I was sitting at the edge of the wharf
    waiting for the 9.30 show to start. I got there early thinking it would be
    crowded, but in fact I could have got there at 9.20 and got the same spot.

    Where did you go to get the angle you got? I'm not that familiar with the
    Docklands area.

    Cheers

    Michael
    Michael Kilpatrick, Jan 2, 2005
  6. Steven Campbell, Jan 2, 2005
  7. ZONED!

    Mick Brown Guest

    I was on North Wharf Road, if you drive down from where you where, past the
    Telstra Dome (keeping it on your left) to the next set of lights, turn
    right, follow that road all the way down (it winds a lot around the
    construction sites) then you get to North Wharf Road, turn right and drive
    all the way down til you get to the Melbourne Boat School, it's right on the
    wharf and you are allowed to go right up to the edge. From there you have
    an un-obstructed view of the Telstra Dome looking back over the water.

    I took this shot another time from there:

    We have around 20 people there at 9.30 and about 40 at midnight, and the car
    was 20 meters from where we were sitting.

    --
    Michael Brown
    Melbourne Australia

    Mick Brown, Jan 2, 2005
  8. ZONED!

    ZONED! Guest

    Nice shots, I watched a tape on TV. I am not keen on fighting huge
    crowds so I stayed away fromn the needle.How were the crowds? I also
    was hoping to find a decent show around here (Tac area) but no luck, it
    seems that the amount of shows were way down this year. I was hoping to
    find some large shells as opposed to the ground effects that they do at
    the needle.
    ZONED!, Jan 2, 2005
  9. ZONED!

    ZONED! Guest

    Those are quite nice, thanks for sharing.
    ZONED!, Jan 2, 2005
  10. ZONED!

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 2 Jan 2005 15:58:00 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "ZONED!"
    <> wrote:

    >Those are quite nice, thanks for sharing.

    Do you have any idea that the way you are replying no one else has any clue
    what you are referring to? Possibly including the OP.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Jan 3, 2005
  11. That's a nice shot and a good viewpoint. I'll bear it in mind for next
    time.
    Michael Kilpatrick, Jan 3, 2005
  12. ZONED!

    ZONED! Guest

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:22:13 -0500, Ed Ruf <>
    wrote:

    >On 2 Jan 2005 15:58:00 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "ZONED!"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Those are quite nice, thanks for sharing.

    >Do you have any idea that the way you are replying no one else has any clue
    >what you are referring to? Possibly including the OP.
    >Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    >See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    >http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Yes, my apologies.
    For some reason my reader is missing some posts and I had to Google to
    catch up. I replied through the new improved Google and neglected to
    check to include a bit of thread. I will avoid that as it irritates me
    when others do it constantly.
    ZONED!, Jan 3, 2005
  13. ZONED! wrote:
    > Nice shots, I watched a tape on TV. I am not keen on fighting huge
    > crowds so I stayed away fromn the needle.How were the crowds? I also
    > was hoping to find a decent show around here (Tac area) but no luck,
    > it seems that the amount of shows were way down this year. I was
    > hoping to find some large shells as opposed to the ground effects
    > that they do at the needle.

    Apologies for the really tardy response, family emergencies and all...

    I usually watch the Needle display from Kerry Park on Queen Anne Hill,
    just a two block walk from my home. This year I was even lazier, since
    there was a light rain falling when I stepped out to walk to the park -
    I decided to just use the view from the top of the stairwell in my
    apartment building instead, hence the trees in the foreground.

    From the sounds of the cheers at the park, there must have been a pretty
    good turnout; there usually is. For me, when the show was over, I just
    had a short walk down the hall and an elevator ride to get home... ;^)

    Bob ^,,^
    Bob Harrington, Jan 11, 2005