    year. It came a year after its predecessor (5050). Its main rival,
    Canon G5, has now been replaced by the G6. Does anyone know if Olympus
    is bringing out a new camera to market to take place of the 5060?
    Mike Henley, Oct 24, 2004

  2. Mike Henley

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>, Mike
    Henley says...
    > Prices of this camera are dropping. It's been out for more than a
    > year. It came a year after its predecessor (5050). Its main rival,
    > Canon G5, has now been replaced by the G6. Does anyone know if Olympus
    > is bringing out a new camera to market to take place of the 5060?

    Perhaps the Olympus 8080 ? There is also the C70, which in spite of
    being a compact tiny camera has some pro features such as the RAW mode.
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Oct 24, 2004

  3. Mike Henley

    Mike Henley Guest

    Alfred Molon <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>, Mike
    > Henley says...
    > > Prices of this camera are dropping. It's been out for more than a
    > > year. It came a year after its predecessor (5050). Its main rival,
    > > Canon G5, has now been replaced by the G6. Does anyone know if Olympus
    > > is bringing out a new camera to market to take place of the 5060?

    > Perhaps the Olympus 8080 ? There is also the C70, which in spite of
    > being a compact tiny camera has some pro features such as the RAW mode.

    The 8080 is in the same class as the canon 8mp, and the c70 is in the
    same class as the canon s70. I feel they're not really a 5060
    successor.
    Mike Henley, Oct 25, 2004