    Please, tell me a solution is coming...

    Thanks,

    WeirdoBc
    =?Utf-8?B?V2VpcmRvQmM=?=, Aug 4, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V2VpcmRvQmM=?=

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day <> did cause the

    > Is there any news about the MCSE certification in Quebec?

    Try emailing mcphelp at microsoft. Make sure you include your cert number.
    If you get a useful response, please post back here to help others who may
    have the same question.

    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    TBone, Aug 4, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?V2VpcmRvQmM=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 06:34:02 -0700, WeirdoBc cast into the ether:

    > Is there any news about the MCSE certification in Quebec? When the "dumb"
    > court decision happened, i was MCSE 2000. Since then, i passed the test to
    > upgrade to MCSE 2003, but i didn't get any new certificate or even a congrat
    > letter, nothing. My co-workers makes fun of it because, legally, i guess, i'm
    > back to only being a MCP even if i worked hard and passed all the tests.
    >
    > Please, tell me a solution is coming...

    What do they call the guys that drive trains in Quebec now?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Aug 4, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?V2VpcmRvQmM=?=

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    << While I was at work, JaR spurted out:
    > On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 06:34:02 -0700, WeirdoBc cast into the ether:
    >
    >> Is there any news about the MCSE certification in Quebec? When the
    >> "dumb" court decision happened, i was MCSE 2000. Since then, i
    >> passed the test to upgrade to MCSE 2003, but i didn't get any new
    >> certificate or even a congrat letter, nothing. My co-workers makes
    >> fun of it because, legally, i guess, i'm back to only being a MCP
    >> even if i worked hard and passed all the tests.
    >>
    >> Please, tell me a solution is coming...

    > What do they call the guys that drive trains in Quebec now?

    Quenductors?
    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51
    BD [MCNGP], Aug 4, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?V2VpcmRvQmM=?=

    Jtyc Guest

    > What do they call the guys that drive trains in Quebec now?

    Traingneers.
    Jtyc, Aug 4, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?V2VpcmRvQmM=?=

    Briscobar Guest

    JaR <> rambled:

    > On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 06:34:02 -0700, WeirdoBc cast into the ether:
    >
    >> Is there any news about the MCSE certification in Quebec? When the
    >> "dumb" court decision happened, i was MCSE 2000. Since then, i
    >> passed the test to upgrade to MCSE 2003, but i didn't get any new
    >> certificate or even a congrat letter, nothing. My co-workers makes
    >> fun of it because, legally, i guess, i'm back to only being a MCP
    >> even if i worked hard and passed all the tests.
    >>
    >> Please, tell me a solution is coming...

    > What do they call the guys that drive trains in Quebec now?

    Choo-choo man

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Please to be click www.mcngp.com. Rgs!
    Briscobar, Aug 4, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?V2VpcmRvQmM=?=

    Jtyc Guest

    > Choo-choo man

    Locoman.

    Locogineer.
    Jtyc, Aug 4, 2006
  8. "JaR" wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 06:34:02 -0700, WeirdoBc cast into the ether:
    >
    > > Is there any news about the MCSE certification in Quebec? When the "dumb"
    > > court decision happened, i was MCSE 2000. Since then, i passed the test to
    > > upgrade to MCSE 2003, but i didn't get any new certificate or even a congrat
    > > letter, nothing. My co-workers makes fun of it because, legally, i guess, i'm
    > > back to only being a MCP even if i worked hard and passed all the tests.
    > >
    > > Please, tell me a solution is coming...

    > What do they call the guys that drive trains in Quebec now?
    >
    > --
    > JaR
    > MCNGP 22
    > Here there be dragons
    > Remove hat to reply

    Well, in french, we always called them "Conducteur de train", which
    translate to "Train driver". I don't remember ever using the term "ingénieur"
    (which is french for engineer) for "the guy that drives trains". But that
    remark could actually help to think of a solution, because maybe it's just
    that Engineer has been badly translated to "Ingénieur". Here, an "Ingénieur"
    is someone that studied in "Génie". But it seems that Engineer, in english,
    is more like someone who works with engines....hmmm...i'll have to check for
    a more appropriate translation...

    Thanks,

    WeirdoBc
    =?Utf-8?B?V2VpcmRvQmM=?=, Aug 4, 2006
  9. It seems that a more appropriate term for a "Train Driver" is a "machiniste".
    But it don't seems to suit what the MCSE certificate means. I mean, does the
    MCSE title really has something to do with driving an engine (other term for
    a locomotive, therefore the origin of the term engineer)?

    Maybe something more atuned with the "design" part of the MCSE job would do
    better, like a designer (Concepteur in french)...

    Well....anyway...i'm still looking for an answer from the microsoft
    staff....do they read this forum?
    =?Utf-8?B?V2VpcmRvQmM=?=, Aug 4, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?V2VpcmRvQmM=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 11:57:02 -0700, WeirdoBc cast into the ether:

    > Well, in french, we always called them "Conducteur de train", which
    > translate to "Train driver". I don't remember ever using the term "ingénieur"
    > (which is french for engineer) for "the guy that drives trains". But that
    > remark could actually help to think of a solution, because maybe it's just
    > that Engineer has been badly translated to "Ingénieur". Here, an "Ingénieur"
    > is someone that studied in "Génie". But it seems that Engineer, in english,
    > is more like someone who works with engines....hmmm...i'll have to check for
    > a more appropriate translation...

    Heh. That's interesting. In English, the Conductor on a train is not the
    driver. On the old freights, he'd more likely ride in the caboose, and be
    responsible for the cars of the train themselves. On passenger trains,
    he'd also be the uniformed guy that punches the tickets and hollers "All
    aboard!" before the train leaves the station.

    Engineers, in a Merkin English usage, are usually graduates of an
    engineering school. But the term is also used to mean, as you say, someone
    that works with engines, thus "Ships Engineer" and "Train Engineer". But
    more confusingly, for example, the mechanical, or HVAC unit in a building
    is sometimes referred to as the "Engineering Department" and the
    individual in charge might be refeered to as the "Engineer" also.

    I heard a gal(who shall remain nameless) once remark in here that an MCSE
    was more of a network "architect" than "engineer", but that wouldn't work,
    either, as then the Architects would just sue and we'd be right back where
    we started. Plus there's be the issue that they already use the acronym
    MCSA for, well, MCSAs.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Aug 4, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?V2VpcmRvQmM=?=

    Jtyc Guest

    > Well....anyway...i'm still looking for an answer from the microsoft
    > staff....do they read this forum?

    Yes.

    How about:

    MCIA
    Microsoft Certified Infrastructure Architect.

    MCID
    Microsoft Certified Infrastructure Designer

    MCSa
    Microsoft Certified Systems Architect

    MCCT
    Microsoft Certified Certification Taker

    MCAC
    Microsoft Certified Acronym Creator

    EMC2
    Theory of Relativity
    Jtyc, Aug 4, 2006
  12. "JaR" wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 11:57:02 -0700, WeirdoBc cast into the ether:
    >
    > > Well, in french, we always called them "Conducteur de train", which
    > > translate to "Train driver". I don't remember ever using the term "ingénieur"
    > > (which is french for engineer) for "the guy that drives trains". But that
    > > remark could actually help to think of a solution, because maybe it's just
    > > that Engineer has been badly translated to "Ingénieur". Here, an "Ingénieur"
    > > is someone that studied in "Génie". But it seems that Engineer, in english,
    > > is more like someone who works with engines....hmmm...i'll have to check for
    > > a more appropriate translation...

    > Heh. That's interesting. In English, the Conductor on a train is not the
    > driver. On the old freights, he'd more likely ride in the caboose, and be
    > responsible for the cars of the train themselves. On passenger trains,
    > he'd also be the uniformed guy that punches the tickets and hollers "All
    > aboard!" before the train leaves the station.
    >
    > Engineers, in a Merkin English usage, are usually graduates of an
    > engineering school. But the term is also used to mean, as you say, someone
    > that works with engines, thus "Ships Engineer" and "Train Engineer". But
    > more confusingly, for example, the mechanical, or HVAC unit in a building
    > is sometimes referred to as the "Engineering Department" and the
    > individual in charge might be refeered to as the "Engineer" also.
    >
    > I heard a gal(who shall remain nameless) once remark in here that an MCSE
    > was more of a network "architect" than "engineer", but that wouldn't work,
    > either, as then the Architects would just sue and we'd be right back where
    > we started. Plus there's be the issue that they already use the acronym
    > MCSA for, well, MCSAs.
    >
    > --
    > JaR
    > MCNGP 22
    > Here there be dragons
    > Remove hat to reply

    That, and we'd also get confused with the Microsoft Certified Architect
    Program...

    If it was to restart with, "conceptor" could be the solution, the problem
    is, of course, to redeliver every certificate....or....they'll change the
    name of the certification next year for the longhorn server....
    =?Utf-8?B?V2VpcmRvQmM=?=, Aug 4, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?V2VpcmRvQmM=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 12:46:02 -0700, WeirdoBc cast into the ether:

    > That, and we'd also get confused with the Microsoft Certified Architect
    > Program...
    >
    > If it was to restart with, "conceptor" could be the solution, the problem
    > is, of course, to redeliver every certificate....or....they'll change the
    > name of the certification next year for the longhorn server....

    I could be very mistaken, but I suspect that with the release of
    Vista(should that occur in our lifetimes) we may see the end of the MCSE
    program as we now think of it. Current MCSEs, of course don't ever expire,
    but the certification program will be more in line
    with the new programs introduced for SQL server and Visual Studio. And the
    top cert will indeed be MCA. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22