Any New Nikon D70 Information?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dean S. Lautermilch© ²ºº³, Jan 7, 2004.

  1. Anybody heard anything new?

    Dean S. Lautermilch© ²ºº³, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Dean S. Lautermilch© ²ºº³

    Jim Waggener Guest

    "Dean S. Lautermilch© ²ºº³" <> wrote in message

    > Anybody heard anything new?

    probably won't get any more info on the D70 until the PMA show.
    I bet Nikon will blow the Canon 300D out of the water with it though.
    These guys always trump each other. Good for us ;-)

    Jim Waggener, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Dean S. Lautermilch© ²ºº³

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Jim Waggener" <> writes:
    > probably won't get any more info on the D70 until the PMA show.
    > I bet Nikon will blow the Canon 300D out of the water with it though.
    > These guys always trump each other. Good for us ;-)

    Nikon in the past has generally NOT trumped Canon in low end SLR's.
    In particular, if the D70 is based on the N70/N75, it won't really
    beat the 300D.

    Paul Rubin, Jan 7, 2004
  4. Dean S. Lautermilch© ²ºº³

    Jim Waggener Guest

    "Paul Rubin" <http://> wrote in message
    > "Jim Waggener" <> writes:
    > > probably won't get any more info on the D70 until the PMA show.
    > > I bet Nikon will blow the Canon 300D out of the water with it though.
    > > These guys always trump each other. Good for us ;-)

    > Nikon in the past has generally NOT trumped Canon in low end SLR's.
    > In particular, if the D70 is based on the N70/N75, it won't really
    > beat the 300D.

    Spoken like a true Canon Enthusiast. Lets see what happens.

    Jim Waggener, Jan 7, 2004
  5. Dean S. Lautermilch© ²ºº³

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Jim Waggener wrote:

    >> Nikon in the past has generally NOT trumped Canon in low end SLR's.
    >> In particular, if the D70 is based on the N70/N75, it won't really
    >> beat the 300D.

    > Spoken like a true Canon Enthusiast. Lets see what happens.

    Someone posted a scrap from a Japanese magazine on DPreview.
    It also included pictures of the top and the back of the body.

    From what I figured out (I can read some Japanese) :

    - Same AF system as D100.
    - Spot metering.
    - Phase II 6mp sensor (whatever it means...)
    - Some features borrowed from D2H (not specified which)
    - The body appears to be based on the N80, although
    this is just my assumption.

    Looks like it will crush the 300D and it will be so close to the
    D100, the latter will be phased out and replaced with a more
    advanced model (D200? D100x?)

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 7, 2004
  6. Dean S. Lautermilch© ²ºº³

    Guest

    dpreview has the enitre test on their website. The D70 has a very good
    rating.

    , Apr 14, 2004