    --
    Regards,

    Cool As Blu
    Cool As Blu, Dec 13, 2003

  2. Cool As Blu

    Alan D-W Guest

    "Cool As Blu" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I once read about one in the Minolta user magazine. However, I have

    swtched
    > to Canon and have now thrown out my old mags. Can anyone recommend

    somewhere
    > which will hir out lenses ?

    Google is your friend. 'uk lens hire' = 21,700 hits.
    You could have tried that yourself.
    Alan D-W, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Cool As Blu

    Lost Soul Guest

    "Alan D-W" <> wrote in message

    > "Cool As Blu" <> wrote in message
    > > I once read about one in the Minolta user magazine. However, I have

    > swtched
    > > to Canon and have now thrown out my old mags. Can anyone recommend

    > somewhere
    > > which will hir out lenses ?
    > >

    > Google is your friend. 'uk lens hire' = 21,700 hits.
    > You could have tried that yourself.

    Try not to take this the wrong way, but the OP asked for a recommendation
    not sarcasm. Why should he/she wade through 21,700 hits of dross to try and
    find one gem when someone in here might know a place that is reliable and
    clear things up in seconds?
    I too hate stupid questions like "I want a digital camera, which one should
    I buy?" and I wished some people would do a little research before they
    posted as to what they really want out of a camera.
    However, I feel the OP in this thread was simply after some quality advice,
    from someone with experience with a retailer.
    It would have been just as quick to say "Sorry, I can't help you" and left
    it at that!
    Lost Soul, Dec 13, 2003
  4. Cool As Blu

    Cool As Blu Guest

    Well thanx for teaching me to suck eggs Alan. I was hoping for a
    recommendation.

    It is amazing that people will go to the trouble of doing a google search
    just to try and look clever in a newsgroup. SAD!

    Anyway, any recommendations ?

    --
    Regards,

    Cool As Blu
    "Lost Soul" <> wrote
    in message news:bUHCb.4534$...

    Cool As Blu, Dec 13, 2003
  5. Cool As Blu

    spacey Guest

    If it canon ef lenses you need a good tip is to search on e.bay for someone
    selling something like an eos 1000 or similar with lenses with it, sell the body
    on e.bay and you can get a 35-70 and 70 - 300 ef canon lense for around £50
    which is less than you pay for one, do not under estimate the quality of a sigma
    70-210 apo f 2.8
    or a sigma 70-300 f 4.5 apo both offer razor sharp images for little money,
    hiring could cost a 10nth of a lense value as a rule of thumb

    http://listings.ebay.co.uk/aw/plistings/list/category4687/index.html?from=R10
    for canon lenses
    spacey, Dec 13, 2003
  6. Cool As Blu

    spacey Guest

    spacey, Dec 13, 2003
  7. "spacey" <> wrote in message

    > ps look at this
    > f2,8 70 210
    > fit all canon digital slr

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2970225516&category=30033

    It might fit all Canon digital SLR's, but that does not mean that it
    will work fully on them.
    Some older Sigmas need rechipping to work on the latest EOS models, so
    it would be advisable to check with the seller, if anyone is thinking
    of purchasing the lens, and ask for assurances that it will work fully
    with the latest cameras, but personally, and from the description
    given, I have my doubts.
    --
    Gavin Gillespie
    Giltbrook
    Gavin Gillespie, Dec 13, 2003
  8. Cool As Blu

    T P Guest

    "Cool As Blu" <> wrote:

    >I once read about one in the Minolta user magazine. However, I have swtched
    >to Canon and have now thrown out my old mags. Can anyone recommend somewhere
    >which will hir out lenses ?

    Leeds Photographic, Calumet. Both have branches throughout the UK.
    T P, Dec 13, 2003
  9. Cool As Blu

    Crownfield Guest

    Cool As Blu wrote:

    > Well thanx for teaching me to suck eggs Alan. I was hoping for a
    > recommendation.
    >
    > It is amazing that people will go to the trouble of doing a google search
    > just to try and look clever in a newsgroup. SAD!
    >
    > Anyway, any recommendations ?

    web, mail, any town in particular?

    try Calumet Photo.

    Crownfield, Dec 13, 2003
  10. Cool As Blu

    Coolasblu Guest

    > Leeds Photographic, Calumet. Both have branches throughout the UK.

    Thanks

    Cool
    Coolasblu, Dec 14, 2003