    Also, I was told by a trainer that 70-647 was supposed to have been 100%
    simulation. Can anyone verify? Are we allowed to even discuss that without
    violating the NDA on the exams?

    KMcFerrin, Apr 23, 2008

  2. KMcFerrin

    webster Guest

    "KMcFerrin" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have an MCSE:Security on Windows 2003, and I recently passed the 70-649
    > for my Server 2008 MCTS certifications. I'm taking the Vista exam next
    > week,
    > and then after that all I have left to do is the 70-647. I just can't
    > find
    > any information about the exam, either in beta or final form.

    Went live this month. I am scheduled to take it on the 2nd.

    > As far as Server 2008 prep goes, I took a 3-day "partner preview" class
    > awhile back, and then put up a couple of 2008 VMs so that I could play
    > with
    > Hyper-V and Server Core. The day before the 70-649 exam I re-read the
    > course
    > book from cover to cover, and I felt like the exam was pretty easy. I'm
    > not
    > expecting the 70-647 to be so easy. Can anyone give me some pointers?

    I am just playing with Server 2008 under Hyper-V and reading all the stuff
    on Microsoft's site I can find.

    Webster

    webster, Apr 27, 2008

  3. KMcFerrin

    Dude Guest

    I just passed 70-647 yesterday. 48 questions and a minimum score of 700 to
    pass. This was a tough exam. I thought that the questions were harder than
    the 70-649 exam questions. Besides Server 2008, make sure that you
    understand the features and functional levels of Server 2003 and 2000 Server
    as well. It helped that I had previously studied for the 2003 and 2000 MCSE
    exams. If you're already an MCSE, you should be OK. It helps to be familiar
    with Vista too. Good Luck!

    Dude, May 1, 2008
  4. KMcFerrin

    KMcFerrin Guest

    I took the 70-647 and 70-620 a couple days ago, had no problems with either.
    I actually thought that the 70-647 was a lot easier than the 70-649. I think
    it's because the 70-647 doesn't focus on just Windows 2008 (the new stuff)
    but also in how it interacts with lots of other parts of the enterprise
    environment, most of which I was already familiar with from managing 2003
    environments for so long. I agree that if you're an MCSE and are familiar
    with the new features in 2008, you should have little trouble with this exam.

    KMcFerrin, Jun 1, 2008