    current conversion (apprx. C$ 1.60 = US$1.00) they offer some pretty
    good configurations at great prices. Anyone know anything about their
    reputation, reliability of hardware, etc.? Thanks.

    xdocx, Dec 9, 2003

  2. xdocx

    IC Guest

    xdocx wrote:
    > THIS IS NOT AN AD, I'm considering buying from them.
    > This company is an Ebay power seller of Intel and AMD pc's and other
    > hardware and also direct sells at
    >
    > http://www.etccomputer.ca/eShop/default.asp
    >
    > All prices shown in their ads are in Canadian dollars, but with the
    > current conversion (apprx. C$ 1.60 = US$1.00) they offer some pretty
    > good configurations at great prices. Anyone know anything about their
    > reputation, reliability of hardware, etc.? Thanks.

    Don't know, but this is the place to find out:
    http://www.resellerratings.com/

    IC, Dec 9, 2003

  3. xdocx

    bb3 Guest

    "xdocx" <> wrote in message
    > THIS IS NOT AN AD, I'm considering buying from them.
    > This company is an Ebay power seller of Intel and AMD pc's and other
    > hardware and also direct sells at
    >
    > http://www.etccomputer.ca/eShop/default.asp
    >
    > All prices shown in their ads are in Canadian dollars, but with the
    > current conversion (apprx. C$ 1.60 = US$1.00) they offer some pretty
    > good configurations at great prices. Anyone know anything about their
    > reputation, reliability of hardware, etc.? Thanks.

    I don't know about reputation, but you're right about the prices. I
    compared ETC's "Top of The Line" desktop with one customized to be as
    nearly identical as I could make it at Dell. The price of ETC's was
    CA$3979...the Dell was US$3785. That's (roughly):
    US CA
    Dell $3785 $6056
    ETC $2485 $3979

    Quite the difference, IMHO.

    bb3, Dec 10, 2003
  4. xdocx

    SgtMinor Guest

    xdocx wrote:

    > THIS IS NOT AN AD, I'm considering buying from them.
    > This company is an Ebay power seller of Intel and AMD pc's and other
    > hardware and also direct sells at
    >
    > http://www.etccomputer.ca/eShop/default.asp
    >
    > All prices shown in their ads are in Canadian dollars, but with the
    > current conversion (apprx. C$ 1.60 = US$1.00) they offer some pretty
    > good configurations at great prices. Anyone know anything about their
    > reputation, reliability of hardware, etc.? Thanks.

    Where do you go to get this exchange rate?

    SgtMinor, Dec 10, 2003
  5. xdocx

    xdocx Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:40:11 -0500, SgtMinor
    <> wrote:

    >xdocx wrote:
    >>
    >> THIS IS NOT AN AD, I'm considering buying from them.
    >> This company is an Ebay power seller of Intel and AMD pc's and other
    >> hardware and also direct sells at
    >>
    >> http://www.etccomputer.ca/eShop/default.asp
    >>
    >> All prices shown in their ads are in Canadian dollars, but with the
    >> current conversion (apprx. C$ 1.60 = US$1.00) they offer some pretty
    >> good configurations at great prices. Anyone know anything about their
    >> reputation, reliability of hardware, etc.? Thanks.

    >Where do you go to get this exchange rate?

    Sorry...that is an old rate. Exchange rate as of 12/10/03 is US$1.00 =
    CA$ 1.31.

    xdocx, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Hi,
    read this company feedback on e-bay and decide or not to buy something from
    them. GOOD LUCK

    Marco

    Marco &Tracey Lynn Poffa, Dec 11, 2003
  7. xdocx

    xdocx Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:03:38 -0600, "Marco &Tracey Lynn Poffa"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >read this company feedback on e-bay and decide or not to buy something from
    >them. GOOD LUCK
    >
    >Marco
    >
    >"SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    >> xdocx wrote:
    >> >
    >> > THIS IS NOT AN AD, I'm considering buying from them.
    >> > This company is an Ebay power seller of Intel and AMD pc's and other
    >> > hardware and also direct sells at
    >> >
    >> > http://www.etccomputer.ca/eShop/default.asp
    >> >
    >> > All prices shown in their ads are in Canadian dollars, but with the
    >> > current conversion (apprx. C$ 1.60 = US$1.00) they offer some pretty
    >> > good configurations at great prices. Anyone know anything about their
    >> > reputation, reliability of hardware, etc.? Thanks.

    >> Where do you go to get this exchange rate?

    Thanks, but I did that first and I noted that the Ebay site only had
    comments dated in 7/03 and they were all happy buyers, of course. I
    was hoping for some feedback from independent buyers other than just
    those that ETC Computers chose to quote on Ebay.

    xdocx, Dec 11, 2003
  8. xdocx

    xdocx Guest

    On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 23:12:55 GMT, "IC" <> wrote:

    >xdocx wrote:
    >> THIS IS NOT AN AD, I'm considering buying from them.
    >> This company is an Ebay power seller of Intel and AMD pc's and other
    >> hardware and also direct sells at
    >>
    >> http://www.etccomputer.ca/eShop/default.asp
    >>
    >> All prices shown in their ads are in Canadian dollars, but with the
    >> current conversion (apprx. C$ 1.60 = US$1.00) they offer some pretty
    >> good configurations at great prices. Anyone know anything about their
    >> reputation, reliability of hardware, etc.? Thanks.

    >Don't know, but this is the place to find out:
    >http://www.resellerratings.com/

    Thanks. I did that and could find no record for ETC Computers in
    Toronto, Canada.

    xdocx, Dec 11, 2003
  9. xdocx

    SgtMinor Guest

    xdocx wrote:

    > On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:03:38 -0600, "Marco &Tracey Lynn Poffa"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >read this company feedback on e-bay and decide or not to buy something from
    > >them. GOOD LUCK
    > >
    > >Marco
    > >
    > >"SgtMinor" <> wrote in message

    > >> Where do you go to get this exchange rate?

    > Thanks, but I did that first and I noted that the Ebay site only had
    > comments dated in 7/03 and they were all happy buyers, of course. I
    > was hoping for some feedback from independent buyers other than just
    > those that ETC Computers chose to quote on Ebay.

    Sellers have no control over what feedback gets listed. You should be
    able to read all feedback comments left for this seller since the day he
    joined eBay. Can you provide an item number or a URL linking to one of
    this company's eBay listings?

    SgtMinor, Dec 11, 2003
  10. xdocx

    xdocx Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:08:13 -0500, SgtMinor
    <> wrote:

    >xdocx wrote:
    >>
    >> On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:03:38 -0600, "Marco &Tracey Lynn Poffa"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi,
    >> >read this company feedback on e-bay and decide or not to buy something from
    >> >them. GOOD LUCK
    >> >
    >> >Marco
    >> >
    >> >"SgtMinor" <> wrote in message

    >> Thanks, but I did that first and I noted that the Ebay site only had
    >> comments dated in 7/03 and they were all happy buyers, of course. I
    >> was hoping for some feedback from independent buyers other than just
    >> those that ETC Computers chose to quote on Ebay.

    >Sellers have no control over what feedback gets listed. You should be
    >able to read all feedback comments left for this seller since the day he
    >joined eBay. Can you provide an item number or a URL linking to one of
    >this company's eBay listings?

    Here is their full eBay listing.

    http://www.stores.ebay.ca/etccomputer

    xdocx, Dec 11, 2003
  11. xdocx

    SgtMinor Guest

    xdocx wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:08:13 -0500, SgtMinor
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >xdocx wrote:

    > >> Thanks, but I did that first and I noted that the Ebay site only had
    > >> comments dated in 7/03 and they were all happy buyers, of course. I
    > >> was hoping for some feedback from independent buyers other than just
    > >> those that ETC Computers chose to quote on Ebay.

    > >Sellers have no control over what feedback gets listed. You should be
    > >able to read all feedback comments left for this seller since the day he
    > >joined eBay. Can you provide an item number or a URL linking to one of
    > >this company's eBay listings?

    > Here is their full eBay listing.
    >
    > http://www.stores.ebay.ca/etccomputer

    What's not to like? They've been on eBay since April 25, 2000, they
    have 670 positive feedbacks against 11 neutrals and only one negative,
    and their systems are built with quality components like Asus mobos and
    ATI video cards. If you think they offer good value, I'd say 'go for
    it.'

    SgtMinor, Dec 11, 2003
  12. xdocx

    xdocx Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:33:00 -0500, SgtMinor
    <> wrote:

    >xdocx wrote:
    >>
    >> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:08:13 -0500, SgtMinor
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >Sellers have no control over what feedback gets listed. You should be
    >> >able to read all feedback comments left for this seller since the day he
    >> >joined eBay. Can you provide an item number or a URL linking to one of
    >> >this company's eBay listings?

    >> Here is their full eBay listing.
    >>
    >> http://www.stores.ebay.ca/etccomputer

    >What's not to like? They've been on eBay since April 25, 2000, they
    >have 670 positive feedbacks against 11 neutrals and only one negative,
    >and their systems are built with quality components like Asus mobos and
    >ATI video cards. If you think they offer good value, I'd say 'go for
    >it.'

    Thanks. That is my impression too; quality, name-brand components,
    great prices, all good feedback from buyers, etc.. I think I will take
    a chance with them.

    xdocx, Dec 11, 2003
  13. xdocx

    SgtMinor Guest

    <snip>

    > Thanks. That is my impression too; quality, name-brand components,
    > great prices, all good feedback from buyers, etc.. I think I will take
    > a chance with them.

    Good luck! And I noticed that today the exchange rate went up to $1.32!

    SgtMinor, Dec 11, 2003
  14. xdocx

    xdocx Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:57:38 -0500, SgtMinor
    <> wrote:

    ><snip>
    >>
    >> Thanks. That is my impression too; quality, name-brand components,
    >> great prices, all good feedback from buyers, etc.. I think I will take
    >> a chance with them.

    >Good luck! And I noticed that today the exchange rate went up to $1.32!

    LOL. See? As usual with PCs, the longer one delays buying, the more PC
    one gets for a lower price!

    xdocx, Dec 13, 2003
  15. xdocx

    mrsoftee

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    This company will post items on EBAY & then after taking your money, they will issue a refund if they feel that the price is too low. I will be waiting about 1 1/2 weeks to get money into my Paypal & then checking account.
    Their products are inferior & overpriced.
    Do yourself a favor, go to a reputable seller!

    mrsoftee, Jan 26, 2013