    'ring ring'

    Thanks

    >, Mar 6, 2006

  2. >

    Sparks Guest

    "><)))'> Orange Peel <'(((><" <> wrote in message
    >A newbie,
    >
    > I have set up my Linksys PAP1 NA and I call out no problems at all.
    > I have an account with sipdiscount and i can make calls fine. BUT when i
    > call from my landline or mobile it does not connect (error in connection)
    > is
    > the message on my Nokia, sometimes i hear a ring tone USA one but my sip
    > phone does not ring! If i call out on my sip phone to my mobile hang up
    > then
    > call from my mobile to sip phone then it rings??
    >
    > Any ideas.
    >
    > Also is there a setting to change the constant ring tone to a very british
    > 'ring ring'
    >
    > Thanks

    Is this PAP1 behind a router?

    If so, have you forwarded the relevant ports, or put it in the DMZ zone
    (after changing the admin passwords etc!)

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Mar 7, 2006

  3. >

    Jono Guest

    Sparks wrote:

    > Sparks...

    How was down under?

    Jono, Mar 7, 2006
  4. >

    Sparks Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Sparks wrote:
    >

    >> Sparks...

    > How was down under?

    Good thanks :)
    and thanks to Asterisk, lots of free calls to/from home! :)

    Of course, the only time the Asterisk box has crashed, was when I was there!
    I managed to get someone to kick it for me though, been on and up for 3
    months since

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Mar 7, 2006
  5. >

    > Guest

    That seems to have fixed the problem, Many thanks for that. O have noticed
    that now when i call the phone it rings, and when i hang up, my sip phones
    carries on ringing and ringing, it does stop some time later about 30
    seconda after i have hung up without answering the phone, Any ideas on this
    prob.... Thanks for the help i am new to this and the group are really
    helping thanks

    Neil

    >, Mar 7, 2006
  6. >

    > That seems to have fixed the problem, Many thanks for that. O have noticed
    > that now when i call the phone it rings, and when i hang up, my sip phones
    > carries on ringing and ringing, it does stop some time later about 30
    > seconda after i have hung up without answering the phone, Any ideas on
    > this
    > prob....

    What ports have you forwarded to your PAP1, or did you DMZ it?

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Mar 7, 2006
  7. >

    > Guest

    It was a PAP2 but I DMZ'd it !

    Maybe nothing to do with it i also put at stunserver value in that i got
    from sipdiscount.com website and their gatway address, but it is now working
    :)
    I was also looking at the call back features *66 / Call waiting / call
    fowarding etc. There are a lot of settings WOW it makes my head spin! I hope
    you guys, can help out a novice with what might seem to you guys as easy.

    Many thanks

    Opeel