Any ideas would be appreciated

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dave P, May 29, 2005.

  1. Dave P

    Dave P Guest

    MS knowledge Base doesnt include 64 bit yet. Thanks in advance.

    Source: Application Popup

    Event ID: 1060

    "\SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\hwinterface.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver."

    Source: DCOM

    Event ID: 10016

    The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {555F3418-D99E-4E51-800A-6E89CFD8B1D7} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

    Also getting this message on start:

    "System Has Recovered from a Serious Error"

    Dave P
    Dave P, May 29, 2005

  2. From eventid.net concerning the 10016 error:

    1. Open the registry and go to "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{<CLSID in the event
    message>} to find out friendly name of this component. In my case, this is
    "Machine Debug Manager" (CLSID: 0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064).
    2. Go to Component Services via Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative
    Tools -> Components Services. Expand the Component Services branch then
    expand "Computers", "My Computer", and "DCOM Config". Right-click on
    "Machine Debug Manager" (or whatever your CLSID represents) and choose
    Properties. Click on the Security tab and under "Launch and Activation
    Permissions" select "Use Default". Click OK, close the Component Services
    window. The error should disappear now.

    Not sure it will fix your problem.

    Don't forget to backup your registry before any modification

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, May 29, 2005

  3. Dave P

    Dave P Guest

    Christian,
    Thanks for your reply. My CLSID is showing "AppID as
    {B1B9CBB2-B198-47E2-8260-9FD629A2B2EC}. Whatever that means. Launch and
    Activitation Permissions were already default. I set Configuration
    Permissions to default as well. Good or bad I will see what happens now.
    By the way, service name for this ID is: ShellHWDetection. ????

    Thanks again,
    Dave P

    This is not listed in

    Dave P, May 29, 2005
  4. Dave P

    Dave P Guest

    I think i have remains of a bad "Core Center" install. I tried to load a
    hardware monitoring program in x64 that shouldn't of been loaded. I need to
    do some cleanup work. My first attempt didnt do so good. lol

    Dave P

    Dave P, May 29, 2005
  5. Dave P

    Dave P Guest

    I have cleared all events.......thanks!

    Dave P

    Dave P, May 29, 2005
  6. Dave P <> wrote:
    > I have cleared all events.......thanks!
    >
    > Dave P

    Dave,

    Is it all right now ???

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy, May 29, 2005
  7. Dave P

    Dave P Guest

    Yes, cleared everything. thanks for your input.

    Dave P

    Dave P, May 29, 2005