Any idea who manufactured these?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by moe, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. moe

    moe Guest

    moe, Oct 14, 2003

  2. On 14 Oct 2003 , moe wrote :

    > http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?100175
    >
    > tia

    The nice people thoughtfully provide an "Any Questions? Ask Us" button on
    the web page.

    It probably isn't there just for decoration.

    Why not use it?

    --
    Nicolaas.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 14, 2003

  3. moe

    Paul Mathews Guest

    Paul Mathews, Oct 14, 2003
  4. moe

    Tim Guest

    moe <> wrote in

    > http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?100175
    >
    > tia

    Ricoh do. I'm not trying to be funny - the manufacturer is actually Ricoh.
    They are supposed to be quite good discs from what I hear. I know a guy
    who just ordered 500 of them, and he swears by them.

    --
    Tim
    - <insert witty signature here>

    Tim, Oct 14, 2003
  5. moe

    moe Guest

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:36:36 +1300, Tim <>
    wrote:

    >moe <> wrote in
    >
    >> http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?100175
    >>
    >> tia

    >Ricoh do. I'm not trying to be funny - the manufacturer is actually Ricoh.
    >They are supposed to be quite good discs from what I hear. I know a guy
    >who just ordered 500 of them, and he swears by them.

    thanks.

    moe, Oct 15, 2003
  6. moe

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:52:08 +1300, moe <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:36:36 +1300, Tim <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>moe <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?100175
    >>>
    >>> tia

    >>Ricoh do. I'm not trying to be funny - the manufacturer is actually Ricoh.
    >>They are supposed to be quite good discs from what I hear. I know a guy
    >>who just ordered 500 of them, and he swears by them.

    >thanks.

    Post the ATIP here to prove it..?

    Paul Mathews, Oct 15, 2003
  7. moe

    TEX Guest

    Paul Mathews wrote:

    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:52:08 +1300, moe <> wrote:
    >

    >>On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:36:36 +1300, Tim <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>moe <> wrote in

    >>>Ricoh do. I'm not trying to be funny - the manufacturer is actually Ricoh.
    >>>They are supposed to be quite good discs from what I hear. I know a guy
    >>>who just ordered 500 of them, and he swears by them.

    >>thanks.

    > Post the ATIP here to prove it..?

    Media : CD-R/RW media
    Media : CD-R media
    Subtype: Medium Type C, low Beta category (C-)
    Disc(Matrix) Manufacturer : Ricoh Company Limited
    Recording Characteristics : Short Strategy Type (ex. Phthalocyanine
    type media)
    Indicative Target Writing Power : 4 mW
    Use : Restricted
    Capacity (nominal) : 702.82 Mb

    TEX, Oct 15, 2003
  8. moe

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:45:37 +1300, TEX <> wrote:

    >Paul Mathews wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:52:08 +1300, moe <> wrote:

    >>>thanks.

    >> Post the ATIP here to prove it..?
    >>

    >Media : CD-R/RW media
    >Media : CD-R media
    >Subtype: Medium Type C, low Beta category (C-)
    >Disc(Matrix) Manufacturer : Ricoh Company Limited
    >Recording Characteristics : Short Strategy Type (ex. Phthalocyanine
    >type media)
    >Indicative Target Writing Power : 4 mW
    >Use : Restricted
    >Capacity (nominal) : 702.82 Mb

    Thanks

    Paul Mathews, Oct 15, 2003
  9. moe

    MarkH Guest

    Tim <> wrote in

    > moe <> wrote in
    >
    >> http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?100175
    >>
    >> tia

    > Ricoh do. I'm not trying to be funny - the manufacturer is actually
    > Ricoh. They are supposed to be quite good discs from what I hear. I
    > know a guy who just ordered 500 of them, and he swears by them.

    500, that’s only equal to 10 spindles of 50. I have personally burnt close
    to that many. I have purchased somewhere around 2500 Ricoh CDs for me and
    my friends, I can’t remember encountering a faulty disk.

    I must say that the link provided by moe is to one BAD deal. The same
    website also lists the spindles of 50 for close to the same price.
    25 = $21.80 = $0.872 per disk
    50 = $25.87 = $0.5174 per disk (This is about the same price I pay for the
    same disks) You would have to be nuts to pay 68% more per disk.

    When you can buy a quality name brand disk for such a good price why would
    you buy those cheap dodgy disks from the warehouse?

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"

    MarkH, Oct 15, 2003
  10. moe

    bambam Guest

    MarkH <> wrote in

    > I must say that the link provided by moe is to one BAD deal. The
    > same website also lists the spindles of 50 for close to the same
    > price. 25 = $21.80 = $0.872 per disk
    > 50 = $25.87 = $0.5174 per disk (This is about the same price I pay
    > for the same disks) You would have to be nuts to pay 68% more per
    > disk.
    >
    > When you can buy a quality name brand disk for such a good price
    > why would you buy those cheap dodgy disks from the warehouse?

    Because if you can't pick them up from the shop your price isn't quite
    so good, below is the price delivered to any Sth Island city.
    I'll stick with my 60¢ Warehouse specials. :)

    50 Pack RICOH CD Spindle CD-R Type80 (700 MB),
    1x-40x write speeds
    $23.00 $2.87 $25.87
    Shipping Fee $13.00 $1.62 $14.63
    Total Tax $4.49
    Total Amount Due $40.50

    --
    Remember, half the people you know are below average.

    bambam, Oct 15, 2003
  11. On 15 Oct 2003 , TEX wrote :

    >> Post the ATIP here to prove it..?
    >>

    > Media : CD-R/RW media
    > Media : CD-R media
    > Subtype: Medium Type C, low Beta category (C-)
    > Disc(Matrix) Manufacturer : Ricoh Company Limited
    > Recording Characteristics : Short Strategy Type (ex. Phthalocyanine
    > type media)
    > Indicative Target Writing Power : 4 mW
    > Use : Restricted
    > Capacity (nominal) : 702.82 Mb

    Please, what program did you use to extract this information?

    --
    Nicolaas.

    - I do not have a cow - keep your BULL to yourself!

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 15, 2003
  12. moe

    Tim Guest

    bambam <> wrote in news:N8ajb.1184$ws.113286
    @news02.tsnz.net:

    > MarkH <> wrote in
    >
    >> I must say that the link provided by moe is to one BAD deal. The
    >> same website also lists the spindles of 50 for close to the same
    >> price. 25 = $21.80 = $0.872 per disk
    >> 50 = $25.87 = $0.5174 per disk (This is about the same price I pay
    >> for the same disks) You would have to be nuts to pay 68% more per
    >> disk.
    >>
    >> When you can buy a quality name brand disk for such a good price
    >> why would you buy those cheap dodgy disks from the warehouse?

    > Because if you can't pick them up from the shop your price isn't quite
    > so good, below is the price delivered to any Sth Island city.
    > I'll stick with my 60¢ Warehouse specials. :)
    >
    > 50 Pack RICOH CD Spindle CD-R Type80 (700 MB),
    > 1x-40x write speeds
    > $23.00 $2.87 $25.87
    > Shipping Fee $13.00 $1.62 $14.63
    > Total Tax $4.49
    > Total Amount Due $40.50

    That is exactly the reason I don't have any of them myself. It was about
    the same to get a spindle of Verbatim Datalifeplus discs from Tastech in
    Christchurch. Cost $37 all up including shipping to Palmerston North - and
    I know that the Verbatim discs are good in my writer whereas the Ricohs are
    at this time an unknown.

    Tim, Oct 18, 2003