    nice lense for this?

    Thanks

    Proto

    Proto, Feb 5, 2004

  2. Proto

    KBob Guest

    On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 01:09:51 GMT, "Proto" <> wrote:

    > Anyone doing closeups with D100 and have any links to pics? Any clues on a
    >nice lense for this?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Proto

    Either the Nikkor 60mm, 105mm or 200mm macros are good choices. A lot
    depends on how what you're doing--bug shots require more distance, and
    this is where the 200 is at its best.

    KBob, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Depending on your needs and pocketbook...
    Nikkor 60mm micro
    Nikkor 105mm micro
    Sigma 105mm macro

    Jon Erlandson, Feb 5, 2004
  4. I have a film camera, but a 105 mm, F2.8 microNikkor is a very nice
    macro lens. The AF version goes to 1:1. THe manual focus (earlier
    version) goes to 0.5:1. I.e., not quite as close. the image is half
    size at closest focus.

    On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 01:09:51 GMT, "Proto" <> wrote:

    > Anyone doing closeups with D100 and have any links to pics? Any clues on a
    >nice lense for this?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Proto

    Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

    Capsizing under chute, and having the chute rise and fill without tangling, all while Mark and Sally are still behind you

    Rodney Myrvaagnes, Feb 5, 2004
  5. Proto

    Gavin Cato Guest

    The 60mm & 200mm are near faultless.

    Gavin Cato, Feb 5, 2004
  6. Proto

    BCampbell Guest

    The Nikon 105mm macro lens was the best lens I ever owned for 35mm film
    including three Leica SLR lenses. I used it as a general purpose lens most
    of the time, It was the only lens among the six or seven Nikon pro lenses I
    owned from which 8x10 prints and sometimes 11x14 prints could be made that
    were at least comparable to those made from my 6x7 medium format negatives.
    However, for a digital camera it's a pretty long lens, approximately the
    equivalent of a 150mm, which I thought was too long for my purposes. I
    bought the 60mm Nikon macro lens for digital and have been pleased with it.

    BCampbell, Feb 5, 2004
  7. Proto

    IntarsiaCo Guest

    IntarsiaCo, Feb 5, 2004
  8. Proto

    Proto Guest

    "KBob" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 01:09:51 GMT, "Proto" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone doing closeups with D100 and have any links to pics? Any clues on

    > >nice lense for this?
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >
    > >Proto
    > >

    > Either the Nikkor 60mm, 105mm or 200mm macros are good choices. A lot
    > depends on how what you're doing--bug shots require more distance, and
    > this is where the 200 is at its best.

    Thanks for the help. I finally have a good camera and am looking forward to
    many great quality shots. I have previously only done some low res shots
    with 1MP oldie with 35mm closeup set. These allowed me to get very close
    actually touching the lense but looked pretty nice. Some morphing shots of
    mealworm to beatle were interesting. I will have so read carefully the
    specs on your suggestions.

    Thanks again.

    Proto

    Proto, Feb 6, 2004
  9. Proto

    Proto Guest

    "Jon Erlandson" <> wrote in message
    > Depending on your needs and pocketbook...
    > Nikkor 60mm micro
    > Nikkor 105mm micro
    > Sigma 105mm macro
    >

    > "Proto" <> wrote in message
    > > Anyone doing closeups with D100 and have any links to pics? Any clues

    > on a
    > > nice lense for this?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Proto

    I see what you mean about the cost. I am not a pro, only a player so
    whatever I dump I will never recoup but its alot of fun anyway. I plan on
    also getting the D70 in the summer just to be an extreme hobbiest :)

    Proto

    Proto, Feb 6, 2004
  10. Proto

    Proto Guest

    > I have a film camera, but a 105 mm, F2.8 microNikkor is a very nice
    > macro lens. The AF version goes to 1:1. THe manual focus (earlier
    > version) goes to 0.5:1. I.e., not quite as close. the image is half
    > size at closest focus.

    This is something I have to get a better understanding of before I get in
    much deeper. I am now only using an old Nikkor AF 70-210 1:4 that is giving
    me inside shots that are a bit dark with onboard flash and focus good but
    only on the front of pet while tail end is out of focus. Depth of field
    issue I have to get a better grasp on. Photo app enhancement needed to
    brighten but does look brighter and nicer after that.

    Proctor

    Proto, Feb 6, 2004
  11. Proto

    Proto Guest

    Proto, Feb 6, 2004
  12. On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 00:42:02 GMT, "Proto" <> wrote:

    >"Rodney Myrvaagnes" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a film camera, but a 105 mm, F2.8 microNikkor is a very nice
    >> macro lens. The AF version goes to 1:1. THe manual focus (earlier
    >> version) goes to 0.5:1. I.e., not quite as close. the image is half
    >> size at closest focus.
    >>

    > This is something I have to get a better understanding of before I get in
    >much deeper. I am now only using an old Nikkor AF 70-210 1:4 that is giving
    >me inside shots that are a bit dark with onboard flash and focus good but
    >only on the front of pet while tail end is out of focus. Depth of field
    >issue I have to get a better grasp on. Photo app enhancement needed to
    >brighten but does look brighter and nicer after that.

    Depth of field is often a problem doing bug shots with the 105, unless
    it can be stopped down or used with a flash. Using a tripod and
    stopping down depends on an unusually cooperative bug or spider.

    Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

    "Be careful. The toe you stepped on yesterday may be connected to the ass you have to kiss today." --Former mayor Ciancia

    Rodney Myrvaagnes, Feb 6, 2004
  13. Proto

    Proto Guest

    > On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 00:42:02 GMT, "Proto" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Rodney Myrvaagnes" <> wrote in message
    > >> I have a film camera, but a 105 mm, F2.8 microNikkor is a very nice
    > >> macro lens. The AF version goes to 1:1. THe manual focus (earlier
    > >> version) goes to 0.5:1. I.e., not quite as close. the image is half
    > >> size at closest focus.
    > >>

    > > This is something I have to get a better understanding of before I get

    in
    > >much deeper. I am now only using an old Nikkor AF 70-210 1:4 that is

    giving
    > >me inside shots that are a bit dark with onboard flash and focus good but
    > >only on the front of pet while tail end is out of focus. Depth of field
    > >issue I have to get a better grasp on. Photo app enhancement needed to
    > >brighten but does look brighter and nicer after that.
    > >

    > Depth of field is often a problem doing bug shots with the 105, unless
    > it can be stopped down or used with a flash. Using a tripod and
    > stopping down depends on an unusually cooperative bug or spider.

    The effect I mentioned was at a distance of several feet zoomed in to get
    closer so I imagine that actual subject position along with propper lense
    and F-stop and shutters speed and this is where my lack of photographic
    comprehension starts to glog my mind. The need to read the things that
    educate me without having to take a coarse that bores me with all the facts
    starting with the features of the very first camera ever used by man :)

    Thanks
    Proto

    Proto, Feb 6, 2004