    reinstalled netscape, but it still happens. The only damage seems to be when
    netscape gets wiped out, and i lose all my saved stuff, and have to go find
    it all again. anyone know what woul dbe causing this? thanks alot, matt
    boomo, Jan 20, 2004

  2. boomo

    Miggsee Guest

    Is your machine running hot?

    "boomo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Running a 1.7 gig with windows XP pro. Every once in a while, alot more
    > often than id like, my machine just reboots itself. Sometimes when it

    comes
    > back up, all my saved netscape emails and bookmarks are just gone, like i
    > had just installed a new version. doesnt happen every time, but has

    happened
    > several times. I have cleaned my HD of every bit of adware, trojans,
    > parasites and every thing else, and i never have alot of that anyway. I

    also

    Miggsee, Jan 20, 2004

  3. boomo

    Chris E Guest

    Could be a virus attack, although you say you've considered this and
    "cleaned" the system. Are your virus .dat files up to date? If not a
    virus, then it sounds more like a hardware problem, most likely a bad power
    supply or overheating CPU. Make sure your fans are running and test the
    PSU. Check your temps on both the CPU and mobo.

    Chris

    Chris E, Jan 20, 2004