Any headset gurus out there?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Daniel, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Daniel, Jun 9, 2005

  2. I've taken a punt & ordered two sets. They've vibration as well, just in
    case you require your ears to throb whilst your head spins.

    http://www.canyon-tech.com/products/show.cfm/Audio_and_Visual/Accessories/Acoustic_systems/CN-HS3

    ShuckItAnShee, Jun 9, 2005

  3. Between saving the world and having a spot of tea ShuckItAnShee said

    > I've taken a punt & ordered two sets. They've vibration as well, just in
    > case you require your ears to throb whilst your head spins.

    That'd take more than six pints.

    --
    rob singers
    pull finger to reply
    Robert Singers, Jun 10, 2005
  4. Daniel

    Phstpok Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Looking at the current special on FirstIn today, it's a Canyon CN-HS3
    > headset:
    > http://www.canyon-tech.com/products/show.cfm/Audio_and_Visual/Accessories/Acoustic_systems/CN-HS3
    >

    > I have no idea what those audio output specs mean, or if Canyon even
    > make decent headphones.
    >
    > I'm on a budget for a pair of headphones with microphone - the best that
    > $30 can buy.
    >
    > Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA.

    I've just bought a set of these http://tinyurl.com/b255d on trademe.
    Not sure how they will fit, being rear wear, but specs seem ok. Trying
    to go completely wireless here. Next I need
    http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20050603/soundgraph-01.html

    Need never move from my armchair again.

    Rob.
    Phstpok, Jun 10, 2005
  5. Daniel

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Phstpok wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Looking at the current special on FirstIn today, it's a Canyon CN-HS3
    >> headset:
    >> http://www.canyon-tech.com/products/show.cfm/Audio_and_Visual/Accessories/Acoustic_systems/CN-HS3
    >>

    >> I have no idea what those audio output specs mean, or if Canyon even
    >> make decent headphones.
    >>
    >> I'm on a budget for a pair of headphones with microphone - the best
    >> that $30 can buy.
    >>
    >> Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> TIA.

    > I've just bought a set of these http://tinyurl.com/b255d on trademe.
    > Not sure how they will fit, being rear wear, but specs seem ok. Trying
    > to go completely wireless here. Next I need
    > http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20050603/soundgraph-01.html
    >
    > Need never move from my armchair again.
    >
    > Rob.

    I'd be very interested to hear how those turn out, especially how good
    the sound is and what distance they will work over.
    -=rjh=-, Jun 10, 2005
  6. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Looking at the current special on FirstIn today, it's a Canyon CN-HS3
    > headset:
    > http://www.canyon-tech.com/products/show.cfm/Audio_and_Visual/Accessories/Acoustic_systems/CN-HS3
    >

    > I have no idea what those audio output specs mean, or if Canyon even
    > make decent headphones.
    >
    > I'm on a budget for a pair of headphones with microphone - the best that
    > $30 can buy.
    >
    > Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA.

    Thanks for the replies. I decided not to get then in the end.
    Daniel, Jun 11, 2005
  7. Suddenly, Daniel sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > I'm on a budget for a pair of headphones with microphone - the best that
    > $30 can buy.

    Not too many decent headphones for $30 (for higher values of "decent").
    With a mic as well I suspect you're in the budget crap. Just my 2c.

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and
    Aaron Lawrence, Jun 11, 2005