Any good techie support boot CDs people recommend?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk, Aug 14, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Bart XP PE , UBCD, ........ ?
    I think these are all free btw.
    Win XP PE isn't, so people use Bart.

    Hirens , may not be free.. judging by what it lists
    http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd
    seems to be a DOS bootable CD. Seems Very complete. Even has classics
    like Norton Disk Doctor. (I think mueller mentioned that in an
    interesting chapter of his UGRP book about looking at FAT, recovering
    files manually).

    There is something mentioned here called EBCD . Shareware apparently..
    It looks like it's not a scam. Like a techie thing not some junk for
    end users..
    http://www.elamb.org/hacked/ebcd.htm

    there is, Peter Nordahl's offline NT password recovery .. Goes on a
    floppy or CD, and can reset a password..
    (Peter Nordahl and other non bootable things were mentioned in this
    thread
    thread: how can I find/recover the password to log onto a domain?
    ng: microsoft.public.win2000.general , date-may 2007)

    , Aug 14, 2008

  2. John Holmes Guest

    "contributed" in alt.computer:

    > Bart XP PE , UBCD, ........ ?
    > I think these are all free btw.
    > Win XP PE isn't, so people use Bart.
    >
    > Hirens , may not be free.. judging by what it lists
    > http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd
    > seems to be a DOS bootable CD. Seems Very complete. Even has classics
    > like Norton Disk Doctor. (I think mueller mentioned that in an
    > interesting chapter of his UGRP book about looking at FAT, recovering
    > files manually).
    >

    > There is something mentioned here called EBCD . Shareware apparently..
    > It looks like it's not a scam. Like a techie thing not some junk for
    > end users..
    > http://www.elamb.org/hacked/ebcd.htm
    >
    > there is, Peter Nordahl's offline NT password recovery .. Goes on a
    > floppy or CD, and can reset a password..
    > (Peter Nordahl and other non bootable things were mentioned in this
    > thread
    > thread: how can I find/recover the password to log onto a domain?
    > ng: microsoft.public.win2000.general , date-may 2007)

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 497,000 for tech support boot cd image. (0.22
    seconds)

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Aug 14, 2008

  3. GTS Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Bart XP PE , UBCD, ........ ?
    > I think these are all free btw.
    > Win XP PE isn't, so people use Bart.

    I find UBCD4WIN very useful. It includes the functionality of several
    others your mentioned and much more.
    http://www.ubcd4win.com/

    GTS, Aug 17, 2008
  4. Guest

    On 17 Aug, 18:22, "GTS" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Bart XP PE , UBCD, ........ ?
    > > I think these are all free btw.
    > > Win XP PE isn't, so people use Bart.

    > I find UBCD4WIN very useful.  It includes the functionality of several
    > others your mentioned and much more.http://www.ubcd4win.com/

    have you ever had any issues with it recognising USB? e.g. USB keys.
    (usb flash drives)

    , Aug 17, 2008