    type. :)

    Thanks in advance

    DAVID

    BIG DAVE, Jun 22, 2010

  2. BIG DAVE

    Mike Easter Guest

    BIG DAVE wrote:
    Subject: Any good, FREEWARE "TWEAKING" utilities for Windows 7?

    > Just got a new Netbook

    New netbooks come with Win 7 or linux or XP.

    There is no mention of Win7 in the body of your message, only the subject.

    If you will create your message body first and then title it, you will
    have better message body and also better message subject results.
    Generally you should not be asking a question in a new message subject.

    Your message body has to provide a context for the respondent to answer;
    but your message body doesn't ask any questions about Win7 or even
    mention it.

    Your message question is not going to be answered/ replied to/ up there
    in the subject.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jun 22, 2010

  3. BIG DAVE

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter, Jun 22, 2010
  4. BIG DAVE

    chuckcar Guest

    BIG DAVE <> wrote in news:004cd8cd-c42e-46e2-96e8-
    :

    > Just got a new Netbook and was wondering if someone could reccomend
    > some good, easy to use system "tweaking" tools? Years ago I used
    > things such as Fresh UI and some others to tweak my system and liked
    > the way my PC responded.

    I think you may mean TweakUI. I would stay away from *any* registry
    "repair" programs as they do far more harm than good. Regedit comes with
    all versions of windows (excepting CE) and it's always works. The major
    proviso is that you *always* create a backup of the registry on the desktop
    *before* you do anything else as you can easily make the computer
    completely unusable by deleting the wrong keys.

    > I would certainly prefer that any suggestions be of the FREEWARE
    > type. :)

    TweakUI has always been a free download from Microsoft.
    A simple search with the exact spelling above should find
    it easily at www.microsoft.com.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jun 22, 2010
  5. BIG DAVE

    olfart Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > BIG DAVE wrote:
    > Subject: Any good, FREEWARE "TWEAKING" utilities for Windows 7?
    >
    >> Just got a new Netbook

    > New netbooks come with Win 7 or linux or XP.
    >
    > There is no mention of Win7 in the body of your message, only the subject.
    >
    > If you will create your message body first and then title it, you will
    > have better message body and also better message subject results.
    > Generally you should not be asking a question in a new message subject.
    >
    > Your message body has to provide a context for the respondent to answer;
    > but your message body doesn't ask any questions about Win7 or even mention
    > it.
    >
    > Your message question is not going to be answered/ replied to/ up there in
    > the subject.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Someone left the sides down on Easter's frigin crib again.

    olfart, Jun 22, 2010
  6. olfart <> via

    > "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    >> BIG DAVE wrote:
    >> Subject: Any good, FREEWARE "TWEAKING" utilities for Windows 7?
    >>
    >>> Just got a new Netbook

    >> New netbooks come with Win 7 or linux or XP.
    >>
    >> There is no mention of Win7 in the body of your message, only the
    >> subject.
    >>
    >> If you will create your message body first and then title it, you will
    >> have better message body and also better message subject results.
    >> Generally you should not be asking a question in a new message subject.
    >>
    >> Your message body has to provide a context for the respondent to
    >> answer; but your message body doesn't ask any questions about Win7 or
    >> even mention it.
    >>
    >> Your message question is not going to be answered/ replied to/ up there
    >> in the subject.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Mike Easter

    > Someone left the sides down on Easter's frigin crib again.

    "Someone" *has* to change his loaded diapers, or else...

    Besides, all his authoritarian babble is *NOT* in the "rules" :

    http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Rules_of_the_Internet

    On topic, Win7 'posed to be SO FRACKIN' GOOD,
    you don't even need to tweak it!
    I know that because Windows 7 was *my* idea.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and this message
    is assembled for your education and entertainment

    So "happy" to see her:

    http://vimeo.com/12280336

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 22, 2010
  7. BIG DAVE

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:59:32 +0000, Bucky Breeder wrote:

    > I know that because Windows 7 was *my* idea.

    See the sig.

    Aardvark, Jun 22, 2010
  8. Evan Platt <> wroted:

    > On 22 Jun 2010 17:59:32 GMT, Bucky Breeder
    > <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out> wrote:
    >
    >> I know that because Windows 7 was *my* idea.

    > I'd keep that to yourself if you knew what was good for you.

    I musta mis-spoke; I meant to say it was Al Gore's idea...

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 22, 2010
  9. Aardvark <>:

    > On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:59:32 +0000, Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >
    >> I know that because Windows 7 was *my* idea.

    > See the sig.

    "sig"... Sigfried and Roy? WTF?

    Please take your anti-babbling meds
    and try again... real soon, ya heah?

    I meant to say "*Al Gore's* idea". My edit key is stucked.

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 22, 2010
  10. BIG DAVE

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:19:21 +0000, Bucky Breeder wrote:

    >> See the sig.

    > "sig"... Sigfried and Roy? WTF?

    Didn't one of them get ate by a feline of some sort?

    Aardvark, Jun 22, 2010
  11. Aardvark wroted:

    > On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:19:21 +0000, Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >
    >> Arrdvark wroted:
    >>
    >>> See the sig.

    >> "sig"... Sigfried and Roy? WTF?

    > Didn't one of them get ate by a feline of some sort?

    Big ole pussycat took a bite during a Las Vegas show -
    dragged him around a little, and in pussycat-speak said
    "You make the big money; you jump through that damn hoop!"

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 22, 2010
  12. Try God mode it's built in
    http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2010/01/05/windows-7-god-mode/

    *WARNING* Please Do NOT follow any advice given by the Trolls listed
    below. Trolls CAN NOT help you. They latch on to my posts like leeches.
    David H Lipman, Peter Foldes, Barry Schwarz, PA Bear, Leythos.

    The Real Truth MVP, Jun 22, 2010
  13. BIG DAVE

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Chris

    You are thief and a liar.thief link you supplied here is the first time I see you
    post a legitimate one.
    You are still a thief and a unscrupulous one at that

    --
    Peter

    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Peter Foldes, Jun 23, 2010
  14. BIG DAVE

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:02:19 -0400, Peter Foldes wrote:

    > Chris
    >
    >SNIP RANT

    He's also a top-posting fuckwit. Just like you. Were the pair of you
    separated at birth, or something?

    Aardvark, Jun 23, 2010
  15. BIG DAVE

    rf Guest

    BIG DAVE wrote:
    > Just got a new Netbook and was wondering if someone could reccomend
    > some good, easy to use system "tweaking" tools? Years ago I used
    > things such as Fresh UI and some others to tweak my system and liked
    > the way my PC responded.

    Why do you think you need to "tweek" anything?

    rf, Jun 23, 2010
  16. BIG DAVE <> via teh googlegroups.com:

    > Just got a new Netbook and was wondering if someone
    > could reccomend some good, easy to use system "tweaking"
    > tools? Years ago I used things such as Fresh UI and
    > some others to tweak my system and liked the way my
    > PC responded.
    >
    > I would certainly prefer that any suggestions
    > be of the FREEWARE type. :)
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > DAVID

    First, Al Gore invented the intewebs and then
    Windows 7 was *MY* idea (see TV ads)...
    You don't ever need to "tweak" it;
    it's your brain that needs the tweaking!

    UNLESS, you're of the Canadian persuasion; then
    you should try the MAYONNAISE - it reportedly
    works very well on the FRENCH FRIES. You get it
    FREE by going to Arby's [or similar fast food]
    when it's really busy; grab a bunch of those
    little serving packets and wrap them up in some
    napkins... Project yourself really focused;
    others will just figure - then you're home free.

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 23, 2010
  17. BIG DAVE

    POGO PUNY Guest

    In article <Xns9DA0536A7E069BuckyGram@216.151.153.158>,
    wrote:

    > it's your brain that needs the tweaking!

    Do u do that while sniffn them dirty mommy diapers?

    POGO PUNY, Jun 23, 2010