    website where I can get all this information.

    Thanks
    Sunny
    Sunny, Jul 22, 2004

  2. Sunny

    Michael-NC Guest

    www.computerhope.com

    Michael-NC, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Sunny

    derek / nul Guest

    www.bootdisk.com

    derek / nul, Jul 22, 2004
  4. Sunny

    Justin Guest

    derek / nul <> wrote in

    > www.bootdisk.com
    >
    > On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:50:41 +0800, "Sunny" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I am looking for a computer book from where I can learn how to say
    >>create a boot disk, rescure disk.....about Bios etc. Or if anyone
    >>knows any good website where I can get all this information.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Sunny

    I bought a 1200 page A++ Technician book for $6 off eBay. It includes
    hardware/software/OS/BIOS, etc.. If you read and study it, you can pass
    the A++ PC Tech's test. I use it for reference.

    Justin, Jul 22, 2004
  5. Sunny

    ProfGene Guest

    You can create a basic boot disk by clicking on the floppy icon and give the
    command to format it then choose to make a system disk. You can create a
    startup disk when you first install the operating system but if you don't do
    it then you can go to Add Remove programs in control panel and choose
    Windows Components and creating a startup disk is one of the options. You
    will need the OS cd to do this unless it is on a partion of the HDD. Each
    bios varies so there is information on the bios with the MB manual. You
    usually enter the bios by hitting delete on boot but there are different
    keys for different systems. The first part of the bios sets the time and
    seeks to identify the various drives such as master ide and slave ide or the
    floppies and the CDrom or CDRW drives. The second part has such things as
    the order of the boot sequence. Most bios changes are made with the arrow
    keys and page up and page down.

    ProfGene, Jul 25, 2004