    Dave Guest

    Any free USA sip providers ? i.e. free calls to the US - I know about GV

    suggestions please ...

    Dave, Jul 12, 2013

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "R. Mark Clayton" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > "Dave" <> wrote in message news:kror25$g76$...
    >> Any free USA sip providers ? i.e. free calls to the US - I know about GV
    >>
    >> suggestions please ...

    > SIP to SIP is free even between providers, but free to PSTN sounds
    > unlikely.

    That's what I thought but you never know what's out there ?, Localphone.com
    at 0.5p seems cheapish ?

    Dave, Jul 12, 2013

  3. Dave

    News Reader Guest

    > "Dave" <> wrote in message news:kror25$g76$...
    >> Any free USA sip providers ? i.e. free calls to the US - I know about GV
    >>
    >> suggestions please ...

    > SIP to SIP is free even between providers, but free to PSTN sounds
    > unlikely.

    Hi,

    Vyke (.com) do per call charing (to 60 minutes) ~ 8p/call. (inc. USA -
    believed?).

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Jul 12, 2013
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 16:18:18 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"News Reader" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "R. Mark Clayton" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hi,
    >>>

    >>> Vyke (.com) do per call charing (to 60 minutes) ~ 8p/call. (inc. USA -
    >>> believed?).
    >>>

    >>> Best wishes,
    >>>

    >>> News Reader
    >>>

    >>Interesting, charging by the hour !
    >>
    >>Thanks,

    > Most of the Betamax clones like voipcheap.co.uk will give you 90 days
    > free calling to US numbers as well as UK landlines and several other
    > countries (with a max 300 min/rolling week)
    >
    > Granted, you have to credit the account with £10, (which actually
    > costs £12.36) but I find that is very good value for the chargeable
    > calls I make, chiefly to UK mobile phones at 2p/min.
    >
    > So I am commending this service to you as a means of making a
    > reasonable number of "free" calls to US numbers providing you can
    > justify the cost on the other calls you make.
    >
    > --
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    Hi all, Thanks for the info - lots of options ! Localphone.com still seems
    to be the cheapest option ? ( I've no allegiance with them!)

    Fine with Betamax (sounds like video tape - remember them?) and Callcentric.
    Callcentric seems to be quite cheap, almost as cheap as LP...

    Dave, Jul 14, 2013
  5. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 09:40:50 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:

    >"Graham." <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 16:18:18 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"News Reader" <> wrote in message

    >>>Interesting, charging by the hour !
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,

    >> Most of the Betamax clones like voipcheap.co.uk will give you 90 days
    >> free calling to US numbers as well as UK landlines and several other
    >> countries (with a max 300 min/rolling week)
    >>
    >> Granted, you have to credit the account with £10, (which actually
    >> costs £12.36) but I find that is very good value for the chargeable
    >> calls I make, chiefly to UK mobile phones at 2p/min.
    >>
    >> So I am commending this service to you as a means of making a
    >> reasonable number of "free" calls to US numbers providing you can
    >> justify the cost on the other calls you make.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Graham.
    >>
    >> %Profound_observation%

    >Hi all, Thanks for the info - lots of options ! Localphone.com still seems
    >to be the cheapest option ? ( I've no allegiance with them!)
    >
    >Fine with Betamax (sounds like video tape - remember them?) and Callcentric.
    >Callcentric seems to be quite cheap, almost as cheap as LP...

    Now now, don't sit on the fence ;-)

    Incidentally Callcentric will give you a US phone number, and there is
    no issue signing up as an "alian".

    (I suppose if the NSA is going to monitor us all, they might as well
    make it easy).

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Jul 14, 2013
  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 09:40:50 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Graham." <> wrote in message

    >>> Most of the Betamax clones like voipcheap.co.uk will give you 90 days
    >>> free calling to US numbers as well as UK landlines and several other
    >>> countries (with a max 300 min/rolling week)
    >>>
    >>> Granted, you have to credit the account with £10, (which actually
    >>> costs £12.36) but I find that is very good value for the chargeable
    >>> calls I make, chiefly to UK mobile phones at 2p/min.
    >>>
    >>> So I am commending this service to you as a means of making a
    >>> reasonable number of "free" calls to US numbers providing you can
    >>> justify the cost on the other calls you make.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Graham.
    >>>
    >>> %Profound_observation%

    >>Hi all, Thanks for the info - lots of options ! Localphone.com still seems
    >>to be the cheapest option ? ( I've no allegiance with them!)
    >>
    >>Fine with Betamax (sounds like video tape - remember them?) and
    >>Callcentric.
    >>Callcentric seems to be quite cheap, almost as cheap as LP...

    > Now now, don't sit on the fence ;-)
    >
    > Incidentally Callcentric will give you a US phone number, and there is
    > no issue signing up as an "alian".
    >
    > (I suppose if the NSA is going to monitor us all, they might as well
    > make it easy).
    >
    > --
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    I always sit on the fence - very painful at times !

    Fine on the NSA, anyone seen Ostel for Android, encrypted calls, could be
    useful. Anyway, Callcentric's number could also be useful.

    I had a 'play' with Localphone's free time over the July 4th period and it
    seemed very good no dropouts etc

    Thanks again,

    Dave.

    Dave, Jul 15, 2013