    photos and then create a panorama from them with this camera, but anyway,
    are there any free software to create panoramas?

    Thanks.
    kodakuser, Dec 30, 2003

  2. kodakuser

    Clare Durst Guest

    XNView is free, very efficient, and does make a panorama in the sense that
    it hitches one picture after another to each other and then saves it in
    whatever format you want (.jpg, etc) without putting in any "created by"
    information of its own. However, it doesn't eliminate overlaps - if you took
    a tree in two pictures, you'll have to use some photo-editing software like
    P'shop Elements or whatever to cut and paste and adjust the pictures.
    XNview is very worth the money though!!

    www.xnview.com

    Clare Durst, Dec 30, 2003

  3. In article <7J8Ib.47296$6b2.25652@edtnps84>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using a Kodak DX4530. It might be a bit difficult to shoot several
    > photos and then create a panorama from them with this camera, but anyway,
    > are there any free software to create panoramas?
    >
    > Thanks.

    The most powerful free software is panorama tools. It is hard to
    use by itself, however. There are two graphical front end programs
    that are shareware for it. The new version of photoshop CS has a
    built in stitching capability.
    If you are going to do a considerable amount of this you might want
    to buy something.
    I use panorama factory. It's shareware and you can download and try
    before you buy to see if you like it. It's very easy to use unlike
    panorama tools. Cost is modest.

    --
    Robert D Feinman

    Landscapes, Cityscapes, Panoramas and Photoshop Tips
    http://robertdfeinman.com
    Robert Feinman, Dec 30, 2003
  4. kodakuser

    PhotoMan Guest

    Try 'Panorama Factory'. Version 1.6 was freeware when I got it a few years
    ago, but is no longer free, and there's probably a later version by now. A
    google search brought up this translated page for the free V 1.6 :

    http://translate.google.com/transla...+factory+1.6&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=G

    Joe Arnold

    PhotoMan, Dec 30, 2003
  5. "PhotoMan" <> wrote in

    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I'm using a Kodak DX4530. It might be a bit difficult to shoot
    >> > several photos and then create a panorama from them with this
    >> > camera, but anyway, are there any free software to create
    >> > panoramas?

    <Snip>
    I use Irfanview. It is definitely freeware and can be found a
    www.irfanview.com.

    Many supported file formats
    Multi language support
    Thumbnail/preview option
    Slideshow (save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn it to CD)
    Support for Adobe Photoshop Filters
    Drag & drop support
    Fast directory view (moving through directory)
    Batch conversion (with image processing)
    Email option
    Multimedia player
    Print option
    Change color depth
    Scan (batch scan) support
    Cut/crop
    IPTC editing
    Effects (Sharpen, Blur, Filter Factory)
    Capturing
    Extract icons from EXE/DLL/ICLs
    Lossless JPG rotation
    Many hotkeys
    Many command line options
    Many PlugIns
    Only one EXE-File, no DLLs, no Shareware messages like "I Agree"
    or "Evaluation expired"
    No registry changes without user action/permission!
    and many more
    Jaime Littlebeaver, Dec 30, 2003
  6. kodakuser

    mark herring Guest

    I've found three levels of pano software:

    1. Simple horizontal stitchers which require the camera to be level.
    Many are free.

    2. Intermediate---eg Panavue---allowing some tilt, but still only good
    for one dimension.

    3. Panotools: Free--if you are a masochist. Otherwise, use a friendly
    front end like max Lyons' PTAssembler. Unlimited control---takes out all
    manner of tilts an other errors, AND does 2D stitching

    --
    ******************
    Mark Herring

    *

    mark herring, Dec 30, 2003
  7. kodakuser

    kodakuser Guest

    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I downloaded IrfanView and Panorama
    Factory. I'm going to try them.

    By the way, I bought Corel Photo Paint 9 Digital Camera Edition a few years
    ago, does anybody know if that application can create panoramas?

    Thanks again.

    kodakuser, Dec 30, 2003
  8. kodakuser

    kodakuser Guest

    Ok, I tried both. IrfanView seem to just stitch the pictures together
    without any processing.

    Panorama Factory seems really good. But at $59.95, it is also very
    expensive.

    kodakuser, Dec 30, 2003