    cost? Thanks!

    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/dealzmodo/10 per month-dsl-from-att-269940.php
    , Oct 20, 2007

  2. lee h Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi! Has anyone signed up for the AT&T $10 a month DSL service? It's
    > available in my local area (So. Calif.), but I just don't trust AT&T
    > an inch. Our phone service monthly payment doubled from what is was
    > under Pac-Bell, so I'm worried about any hidden costs or fees, which
    > AT&T is famous for. So, what I'm asking is...how much does it really
    > cost? Thanks!

    Check out the ATT forums at http://dslreports.com

    lee
    lee h, Oct 20, 2007

  3. wrote:

    > Hi! Has anyone signed up for the AT&T $10 a month DSL service? It's
    > available in my local area (So. Calif.), but I just don't trust AT&T
    > an inch. Our phone service monthly payment doubled from what is was
    > under Pac-Bell, so I'm worried about any hidden costs or fees, which
    > AT&T is famous for. So, what I'm asking is...how much does it really
    > cost? Thanks!

    There are always taxes added to DSL services, right? At least Verizon
    does, in my region. (No AT&T DSL here.)

    > http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/dealzmodo/10 per month-dsl-from-att-269940.php

    Slow.

    "The bandwidth isn't super sweet, at 768Kbps downstream and just 128Kbps
    upstream, so not a whole lot of juice for gaming, but the price is equal
    to dial-up and can blow that away."

    Is money the issue? If not, get cable internet. Much faster. My
    RoadRunner is 10Mbps.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 20, 2007
  4. Guest

    Actually, I'm on a $10 a month Juno dial-up connection right now...so
    yes, money is an issue. :) The McAffee Internet Connection
    Speedometer site is clocking me at a lightning fast 40kbs on a 56k
    modem...so 768kbs (or probably less in the AT&T real world) would be a
    big improvement.
    , Oct 21, 2007
  5. DemoDisk Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Actually, I'm on a $10 a month Juno dial-up connection right now...so
    > yes, money is an issue. :) The McAffee Internet Connection
    > Speedometer site is clocking me at a lightning fast 40kbs on a 56k
    > modem...so 768kbs (or probably less in the AT&T real world) would be a
    > big improvement.

    Hmmm. Twenty times your present speed. That would be a big improvement.

    I'd better talk to AT&T...
    DemoDisk, Oct 21, 2007
  6. chuckie® Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi! Has anyone signed up for the AT&T $10 a month DSL service? It's
    > available in my local area (So. Calif.), but I just don't trust AT&T
    > an inch. Our phone service monthly payment doubled from what is was
    > under Pac-Bell, so I'm worried about any hidden costs or fees, which
    > AT&T is famous for. So, what I'm asking is...how much does it really
    > cost? Thanks!
    >
    > http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/dealzmodo/10 per month-dsl-from-att-269940.php

    FWIW, I've had their DSL for several years now. While cable may be a bit
    faster, I'm quite satisfied with the service. Very few outages, very
    consistent speed. The only 'complaint' I have with them is that, after the
    initial period, every single year, I have to call them to get the lower
    price reinstated. While they have always done it (lowered the price back to
    what I signed up for), it's a real pain in the butt. I have complained
    about it, to no avail, but it's way cheaper than our local cable
    company...luck...
    chuckie®, Oct 21, 2007