    things.

    Anyone with a D50 or D70 that has a brand/style to recommend?

    Thanks, SCD in Calif.

    SCD, Nov 11, 2005

  2. SCD

    [BnH] Guest

    Try Lowepro Toploader series or Nova 2.
    The later is pretty big for a D50 kit , but very roomy for expansion ;)

    =bob=

    [BnH], Nov 11, 2005

  3. SCD

    Mike Warren Guest

    SCD wrote:
    > I just got a D50 and like it a lot. But, I am still trying to shop for
    > a camera bag/case for it.
    >
    > I'd like one that hangs the camera lens downwards so the case doesn't
    > stick out too much. I like to keep my camera with me and hate bumping
    > things.
    >
    > Anyone with a D50 or D70 that has a brand/style to recommend?

    I use a Lowepro Nova 3 AW for my D70s, 70-300, SB600 and
    accessories.

    My wife uses a Lowepro Nova 1 AW for her D50, 70-300 and
    accessories.

    We are both happy with them.

    --
    Mike Warren
    My web gallery: http://web.aanet.com.au/miwa/mike

    Mike Warren, Nov 11, 2005
  4. SCD

    Joan Guest

    I use a backpack for mine. I can then put a few extras into it, like a
    jumper and a small tripod.

    --
    Joan
    http://joan.colley.name:85

    Joan, Nov 11, 2005
  5. On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:23:32 -0800, in rec.photo.digital SCD
    <> wrote:

    >I just got a D50 and like it a lot. But, I am still trying to shop for
    >a camera bag/case for it.
    >
    >I'd like one that hangs the camera lens downwards so the case doesn't
    >stick out too much. I like to keep my camera with me and hate bumping
    >things.
    >
    >Anyone with a D50 or D70 that has a brand/style to recommend?

    I've used an old LowePro that I first bought to use first with my CP-990
    and then CP-5700 with all the converter lenses. I still use it with the D70
    when just carrying the camera, but also have a LowePro Trekker AW backpack
    to carry it and the 70-200mm VR lens and other stuff as well.
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Nov 11, 2005
  6. SCD

    Jim Guest

    "SCD" <> wrote in message
    >I just got a D50 and like it a lot. But, I am still trying to shop for
    > a camera bag/case for it.
    >
    > I'd like one that hangs the camera lens downwards so the case doesn't
    > stick out too much. I like to keep my camera with me and hate bumping
    > things.
    >
    > Anyone with a D50 or D70 that has a brand/style to recommend?
    >
    > Thanks, SCD in Calif.

    One of the Tamrac back pack models. Mine is a 5275 which has held an N90s
    with 300 f4 lens.
    Jim

    Jim, Nov 11, 2005
  7. SCD

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <>,
    SCD <> wrote:

    > I just got a D50 and like it a lot. But, I am still trying to shop for
    > a camera bag/case for it.
    >
    > I'd like one that hangs the camera lens downwards so the case doesn't
    > stick out too much. I like to keep my camera with me and hate bumping
    > things.
    >
    > Anyone with a D50 or D70 that has a brand/style to recommend?
    >
    > Thanks, SCD in Calif.

    What difference does the camera body make when selecting a camera bag?
    its not like some bags are better suited for some 35mm cameras than
    others. A bag is a bag is a bag. Just buy one that you think fits your
    needs best. What fits your needs best is the one you find holds all your
    camera gear in the most convenient and secure way.

    I like Tenba bags. I have a Tenba bag that I bought last summer for my
    Digital Rebel. It holds my camera body, three lenses, my memory card
    holder, external flash, flash diffuser, and some other accessories well
    and it does a good job of keeping my gear dry in the rain, plus it only
    cost me around $65 with tax @ B&H.

    Shawn Hirn, Nov 11, 2005
  8. SCD

    alex Guest

    Having spent too much on my Canon 350 in the last few months, I decided on
    this.

    It's cheaper but still good quality, lots of padding, and at 17.99 not a
    wallet buster

    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=6021

    Alex

    alex, Nov 11, 2005
  9. SCD

    BobM Guest

    Try this site for more than you want to know
    http://www.cambags.com/index.htm
    I found the site from another post somewhere - but it reviews zillions of
    bags for specific camera models - with pics, dimensions etc.

    BobM, Nov 11, 2005
  10. SCD

    BobM Guest

    To Shawn's comment - I was looking for a reasonably small bag to carry
    around when traveling - don't need one that will hold extra lenses &
    equipment. The Tamrac holster type is what I wound up buying - holds small
    accessories, batteries and such.

    BobM, Nov 11, 2005
  11. SCD

    Doug Robbins Guest

    The Adorama Slinger is hard to beat for 30 bucks.

    http://www.adorama.com/GBSLGY.html

    Doug

    Doug Robbins, Nov 11, 2005
  12. SCD

    Tony Guest

    Hefty Cinch Sack

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Nov 12, 2005
  13. SCD

    SCD Guest

    Thanks Everyone for all the ideas.

    the Toploader Lowepro series looks good. My local camera shop does
    carry Lowepro I'll go and "try some on".

    But, thanks BobM for the link to the cambags site!

    I'm quite taken with the Crumpler bags they list - I like that they
    don't look like Camera bags and have great colors.
    http://www.crumplerusa.com
    This may win out in the end!

    SCD in Calif.

    SCD, Nov 12, 2005