    dmitri Guest

    I noticed this ATA with WAN,LAN,PSTN pass-through ports on the ebay. Have
    anybody got one? Any comments?

    dmitri, Jan 15, 2007

  2. dmitri

    Mike Sun Guest

    "dmitri" <> wrote in message
    news:eogkdm$djc$1$...
    >I noticed this ATA with WAN,LAN,PSTN pass-through ports on the ebay. Have
    > anybody got one? Any comments?

    Yes I am using one of these and am most pleased with its performance and
    value, particularly as I was lucky enough to get it for below £10.

    I have PSTN for incoming calls and dial out using voipcheap.com. You cannot
    program fancy dial plan options but unit is simple to set up and so far is
    very reliable.

    The unit has remarkable similarities to the Grandstream Handytone-488 - I
    guess it must be a clone of this model.

    Cheers from Mike.

    Mike Sun, Jan 15, 2007

  3. dmitri

    Guest

    Yeah, i've just set up a Gate 102. It's very good for the money. Cost
    me slightly more than £10 though.

    Trouble is, I can't get any DECT phones to work with it. Analogue
    phones work fine, even wireless ones but I really want to get it set
    up with a new set of DECT phones with three or four handsets.

    Anyone got any suggestions / had any luck with DECT phones and this
    unit?

    Works great with NTL meaning no telephone line rental. I use sipgate.

    Any help appreciated

    , Jan 28, 2007
  4. dmitri

    Mike Sun Guest

    <> wrote in message
    Yeah, i've just set up a Gate 102. It's very good for the money. Cost
    me slightly more than £10 though.

    Trouble is, I can't get any DECT phones to work with it. Analogue
    phones work fine, even wireless ones but I really want to get it set
    up with a new set of DECT phones with three or four handsets.

    Anyone got any suggestions / had any luck with DECT phones and this
    unit?

    Works great with NTL meaning no telephone line rental. I use sipgate.

    Any help appreciated

    Hi petefeet,

    I had the unit working fine with several DECT phones but sometimes the
    connecting lead may be wired differently for some phones. For example, I
    had an a old "BT Diverse 2010" which wouldn't work with a standard RJ11
    phone cable. Using a cable adaper (e.g. BT style socket to RJ11) did fix
    such problems.

    BTW:- I just bought another GATE 102 unit and had to pay £18 this time (plus
    £8 postage) so I must have been lucky the first time round. Still seems like
    good value though.

    Cheers from Mike

    Mike Sun, Jan 29, 2007
  5. dmitri

    Mike Guest

    On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 01:27:44 GMT, Mike Sun wrote:

    > Yeah, i've just set up a Gate 102. It's very good for the money. Cost
    > me slightly more than £10 though.

    Do you mind saying where you got one at this price?

    --

    Mike

    Mike, Jan 29, 2007
  6. dmitri

    Mike Sun Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 01:27:44 GMT, Mike Sun wrote:
    >
    > Do you mind saying where you got one at this price?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mike

    The only supplier I found was DigiDave on eBay (UK). You can either buy for
    fixed price or bid and usually get it cheaper.

    Cheers from Mike

    Mike Sun, Jan 29, 2007
  7. Hi,
    Can anyone supply set up parameters for the GATE 102 ????
    regards
    johnmont

    John Montgomery, Feb 4, 2007
  8. dmitri

    Mike Sun Guest

    "John Montgomery" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Can anyone supply set up parameters for the GATE 102 ????
    > regards
    > johnmont

    The set up parameters depend on your VOIP Service provider details and the
    country you live in. Most service providers suggest recommended settings for
    a typical hardware SIP device.

    Other parameters depends on your personal preferences - for instance I like
    to dial a "9" rather than a "*00" to access the PSTN line. Download the
    manual for the Gate 102 from here:-
    http://www.tigernetcom.com/Download/User Manual - GATE 102.pdf

    Cheers from Mike

    Mike Sun, Feb 4, 2007
  9. dmitri

    dmitri Guest

    On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 01:27:44 +0000, Mike Sun wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    > Yeah, i've just set up a Gate 102. It's very good for the money. Cost
    > me slightly more than £10 though.
    >
    > Trouble is, I can't get any DECT phones to work with it. Analogue
    > phones work fine, even wireless ones but I really want to get it set
    > up with a new set of DECT phones with three or four handsets.
    >
    > Anyone got any suggestions / had any luck with DECT phones and this
    > unit?
    >
    > Works great with NTL meaning no telephone line rental. I use sipgate.
    >
    > Any help appreciated
    >
    > Hi petefeet,
    >
    > I had the unit working fine with several DECT phones but sometimes the
    > connecting lead may be wired differently for some phones. For example, I
    > had an a old "BT Diverse 2010" which wouldn't work with a standard RJ11
    > phone cable. Using a cable adaper (e.g. BT style socket to RJ11) did fix
    > such problems.
    >
    > BTW:- I just bought another GATE 102 unit and had to pay £18 this time (plus
    > £8 postage) so I must have been lucky the first time round. Still seems like
    > good value though.
    >
    > Cheers from Mike

    Hi, Mike!

    I have BT Diverse 4010 and I tried all kind of cables to connect ATA to
    the phone, but I can't get Caller ID shown. I think it's not a wiring
    problem as CID is shown OK when phone is connected through unpowered ATA

    Any suggestions!

    Thanks,

    Dmitri
    (d_barsoukov@hotmail)