    stitching software.

    Many thanks!!
    digger
    digger odell, Jun 2, 2008

  2. digger odell

    tomm42 Guest

    On Jun 2, 3:33 pm, digger odell <> wrote:
    > I'm sure there's gotta be a way ... to take 4 or 5 avi frames and
    > AUTOMATICALLY stitch them to produce a regular panorama jpg. Any
    > clues would be appreciated. (The operative word is EASY)
    >
    > Alas. As a last resort, perhaps there's a program which will convert
    > avi to a series of jpg's which can then be stitched using regular
    > stitching software.
    >
    > Many thanks!!
    > digger

    If your video editing program has a frame grab, capture the frames you
    want from there. That gets you the original images. Then there are
    several freeware programs to stitch the frames together. I use
    Photoshop for this. Video stills are not always the best images, they
    will not be as crisp as those from a still camera.

    Tom
    tomm42, Jun 3, 2008

  3. digger odell

    digger odell Guest

    On Jun 3, 8:23 am, tomm42 <> wrote:
    > On Jun 2, 3:33 pm, digger odell <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm sure there's gotta be a way ... to take 4 or 5 avi frames and
    > > AUTOMATICALLY stitch them to produce a regular panorama jpg. Any
    > > clues would be appreciated. (The operative word is EASY)

    > > Alas. As a last resort, perhaps there's a program which will convert
    > > avi to a series of jpg's which can then be stitched using regular
    > > stitching software.

    > > Many thanks!!
    > > digger

    > If your video editing program has a frame grab, capture the frames you
    > want from there. That gets you the original images. Then there are
    > several freeware programs to stitch the frames together. I use
    > Photoshop for this. Video stills are not always the best images, they
    > will not be as crisp as those from a still camera.
    >
    > Tom

    Thanks, Tom.

    digger
    digger odell, Jun 3, 2008
  4. digger odell

    Paul Bartram Guest

    "tomm42" <> wrote

    > If your video editing program has a frame grab, capture the frames you
    > want from there. That gets you the original images. Then there are
    > several freeware programs to stitch the frames together. I use
    > Photoshop for this. Video stills are not always the best images, they
    > will not be as crisp as those from a still camera.

    Also note that Corel Video Studio 11 (and possibly earlier versions) can
    work in reverse, i.e. make a panning movie clip out of a panoramic still. I
    did that with a 365° stitch of a view from a rooftop, which became a 25
    second slow pan that looked like it had been done with the video camera,
    only much smoother. Naturally you have to dub sound in afterwards.

    Paul
    Paul Bartram, Jun 4, 2008
  5. digger odell

    digger odell Guest

    On Jun 4, 2:21 am, "Paul Bartram" <p.bartram AT OR NEAR mysoul.com.au>
    wrote:
    > "tomm42" <> wrote
    >
    > > If your video editing program has a frame grab, capture the frames you
    > > want from there. That gets you the original images. Then there are
    > > several freeware programs to stitch the frames together. I use
    > > Photoshop for this. Video stills are not always the best images, they
    > > will not be as crisp as those from a still camera.

    > Also note that Corel Video Studio 11 (and possibly earlier versions) can
    > work in reverse, i.e. make a panning movie clip out of a panoramic still. I
    > did that with a 365° stitch of a view from a rooftop, which became a 25
    > second slow pan that looked like it had been done with the video camera,
    > only much smoother. Naturally you have to dub sound in afterwards.
    >
    > Paul

    Never thought of that. Although I don't happen to have Corel Video
    Studio 11, I do have Pinnacle Studio Plus and Reality Studio and am
    curious to find our if thay have the same feature.

    Thanks. digger.
    digger odell, Jun 4, 2008