    them?

    Most online product specs only list acceptable disk format, but not
    file format. I assume that means they only play video DVD format.
    jshock, Jun 16, 2006

  2. jshock

    Bob Guest

    On 16 Jun 2006 09:42:47 -0700, "jshock" <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know of any DVD player that will play .mp4 files? I have
    >several mp4's that are burned onto DVD data disks and was wondering if
    >there are any DVD machines -- preferably portable -- that will play
    >them?

    >Most online product specs only list acceptable disk format, but not
    >file format. I assume that means they only play video DVD format.

    I have an ILO DVDR05MU1 with 6.10 firmware. It plays AVI/XviD but not
    AVI/DivX. It doesn't play MPG2s either.

    ILO is a $99 WalMart rebrand of the Cyberhome 1600 and according to a
    recent press release, Cyberhome just had its inventory confiscated for
    not having paid Philips $22 million in back royalties. CH has closed
    down its toll free number.

    There is something fundamentally wrong when an industry behaves like
    this.

    --

    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
    will make violent revolution inevitable."
    Bob, Jun 16, 2006

  3. jshock

    Justin Guest

    Bob wrote on [Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:40:36 GMT]:
    > ILO is a $99 WalMart rebrand of the Cyberhome 1600 and according to a
    > recent press release, Cyberhome just had its inventory confiscated for
    > not having paid Philips $22 million in back royalties. CH has closed
    > down its toll free number.
    >
    > There is something fundamentally wrong when an industry behaves like
    > this.

    When a company doesn't pay their dues and gets closed down? hmmm
    Justin, Jun 17, 2006
  4. jshock

    Bob Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 22:31:22 -0500, Justin <>
    wrote:

    >> ILO is a $99 WalMart rebrand of the Cyberhome 1600 and according to a
    >> recent press release, Cyberhome just had its inventory confiscated for
    >> not having paid Philips $22 million in back royalties. CH has closed
    >> down its toll free number.

    >> There is something fundamentally wrong when an industry behaves like
    >> this.

    >When a company doesn't pay their dues and gets closed down? hmmm

    Is Cyberhome actually closed down?

    Is there anything detailed about this on the web?

    Bob, Jun 17, 2006
  5. jshock

    Justin Guest

    Bob wrote on [Sat, 17 Jun 2006 16:32:42 GMT]:
    > On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 22:31:22 -0500, Justin <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> ILO is a $99 WalMart rebrand of the Cyberhome 1600 and according to a
    >>> recent press release, Cyberhome just had its inventory confiscated for
    >>> not having paid Philips $22 million in back royalties. CH has closed
    >>> down its toll free number.

    >>> There is something fundamentally wrong when an industry behaves like
    >>> this.

    >>When a company doesn't pay their dues and gets closed down? hmmm

    > Is Cyberhome actually closed down?
    >
    > Is there anything detailed about this on the web?

    All shall be answered in time.

    If they are no longer licensed to use DVD technology, as one of the
    stories I read states, what will they do? Keep selling bootleg players?
    Justin, Jun 17, 2006
  6. jshock

    Bob Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:05:53 -0500, Justin <>
    wrote:

    >If they are no longer licensed to use DVD technology, as one of the
    >stories I read states, what will they do? Keep selling bootleg players?

    The ILO website is still up and you can get the latest firmware 6.10
    for the MU1 unit. If they were truly out of business, then that would
    not be.

    Bob, Jun 17, 2006
  7. jshock

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    Bob <> wrote:
    >On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:05:53 -0500, Justin <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>If they are no longer licensed to use DVD technology, as one of the
    >>stories I read states, what will they do? Keep selling bootleg players?

    >The ILO website is still up and you can get the latest firmware 6.10
    >for the MU1 unit. If they were truly out of business, then that would
    >not be.

    The dispute seems to affect DVD recorders. If you go to the Cyberhome US
    web site, under the product section there are no listings under DVD
    Recorders, but everything else is still there.
    Mike S., Jun 17, 2006
  8. jshock

    Justin Guest

    Bob wrote on [Sat, 17 Jun 2006 21:09:40 GMT]:
    > On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:05:53 -0500, Justin <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>If they are no longer licensed to use DVD technology, as one of the
    >>stories I read states, what will they do? Keep selling bootleg players?

    > The ILO website is still up and you can get the latest firmware 6.10
    > for the MU1 unit. If they were truly out of business, then that would
    > not be.

    Yes, because the raid was when? This week?

    You think they care about getting their website down that quick?
    Justin, Jun 18, 2006
  9. jshock

    Bob Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 21:41:10 +0000 (UTC), (Mike S.)
    wrote:

    >The dispute seems to affect DVD recorders. If you go to the Cyberhome US
    >web site, under the product section there are no listings under DVD
    >Recorders,

    Here's what I got:

    +++
    DVD Recorders
    Sorry, no products in that Category.
    +++

    Really bizarre.

    The ILO site (www.iloservice.com) still have information about DVDRs.
    I wonder if WalMart took care of ILO separately.

    Bob, Jun 18, 2006
  10. jshock

    Bob Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 21:02:15 -0500, Justin <>
    wrote:

    >> The ILO website is still up and you can get the latest firmware 6.10
    >> for the MU1 unit. If they were truly out of business, then that would
    >> not be.

    >Yes, because the raid was when? This week?
    >You think they care about getting their website down that quick?

    The Cyberhome website is up but no DVDRs. So obviously they were that
    quick.

    The ILO website is up and there are DVDRs. I suspect that WalMart
    stepped in with regard to ILO.

    Bob, Jun 18, 2006
  11. jshock

    john12

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    hi,
    i would like to know How do you wrote MP4 movie to DVD.
    i am trying to write movie of 2gb, faced lot of error ,Please advice me which s/w and what kind of DVD?

    thanks a lot in advance
    john12, Sep 28, 2010