    downloaded there 32bit driver and it fails to install. I was wondering if
    anyone has produced a third party driver for this? Anyone know if Windows
    Update might have a driver? Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?a2VoaTY2?=, Jul 14, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?a2VoaTY2?=

    Rick Guest

    Samsung is the only company that would write a driver for the printer
    because it is their hardware. Microsoft does not write the hardware
    drivers.

    You can try one of the older Samsung printers that are included in the
    NTPRINT.INF. The printers in this file are the ones displayed for
    selection when you manually install the hardware. Does it emulate an HP
    printer? If so, try an HP driver.

    Rick, Jul 14, 2005

  3. I have the same printer and the driver disk but am unsure if the file would
    be small enough to attach to an email...What do you think or what are your
    ideas on getting this to you?

    =?Utf-8?B?T2lsZHVkZTcy?=, Jul 14, 2005
  4. Does your driver disk have the x64 driver on it? If so please lmk

    =?Utf-8?B?a2VoaTY2?=, Jul 15, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?a2VoaTY2?=

    Rick Guest

    It is not likely there is a x64 driver on his disc. If there was one,
    you would also find it on the Samsung site!

    Rick, Jul 15, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?a2VoaTY2?=

    Rick Guest

    Don't you people down in Gainesville have daily access to the rest of
    the world?

    Rick, Jul 15, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?a2VoaTY2?=

    wewa Guest

    I too have a number of samsung lasers, and awaiting a printing solution
    since december. Tried similar sounding printers under samsung in add printer
    to no avail, with usb connection anyway. if you have a samsung with NIC, or
    a lan adapter, you can probably get it to work, i would think...

    wewa, Jul 15, 2005
  8. Don't you people down in Gainesville have daily access to the rest of
    the world?

    What kind of personal attack is this? I am currently in the College of
    Medicine at UF.

    =?Utf-8?B?a2VoaTY2?=, Jul 15, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?a2VoaTY2?=

    Rick Guest

    Regardless of how you access your printer, you need a driver for it. I
    have 3 printers on my LAN and currently I can only use 2 of them in x64
    because of the need for a driver for the 3rd one. I have x64 drivers
    for my Epson Stylus C84 and Brother HL-1440, but not for my Samsung
    CLP-550N. Samsung Tech Support told me they expected to have drivers
    out in late July or early August.

    Rick, Jul 15, 2005
  10. This is the email I received from Samsung yesterday:

    Unfortunately, we do not have Windows XP 64bit Edition drivers for the
    ML-1740 nor ML-1750. In addition, there is not a scheduled release date for
    64 bit drivers at the current moment. We are sorry for any incoveniences you
    may be experiencing.

    =?Utf-8?B?a2VoaTY2?=, Jul 15, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?a2VoaTY2?=

    Rick Guest

    I guess it's like another post where he said his information was "from
    the horses mouth..." It all depends on which horse you happen to talk
    to. I called Samsung and the Tech Support guy told me on the phone that
    an x64 driver was planned for my CLP-550N.

    Rick, Jul 15, 2005