    --
    Phil Tomaskovic
    Please remove NOSPAM from email return address.
    Phil Tomaskovic, Jun 25, 2005

  2. Phil Tomaskovic

    birdman Guest

    Direct from Nikon: "mid-July"
    This following the original June 1 release date.
    birdman, Jun 25, 2005

  3. Phil Tomaskovic

    per Guest

    "Phil Tomaskovic" <> wrote in
    > Just looking for comments. Haven't seen it in a local store yet.
    > --
    > Phil Tomaskovic

    One can get the impression that the D50 has a more up-to-date and better
    exposure metering and calculation and also better color correction algoritms
    than the D70/D70s, what do other people say from the sample pics published
    so far?
    /per
    per, Jun 25, 2005
  4. Just saw it at Wolf Camera today. Definitely lighter and slightly smaller
    than the 70(s). Although I put the the D50's lens on the 70s and then the
    weight difference wasn't as apparent in the bodies. SO most of the weight
    difference is in the 70 vs 50 package lens.

    Phil Tomaskovic, Jun 25, 2005
  5. Phil Tomaskovic

    John Guest

    I just bought one at Circuit city today but I have not had much time to play
    with it yet. It is much lighter then the d70 or the Canons. So far so good.

    John

    John, Jun 26, 2005
  6. Phil Tomaskovic

    Scott Guest

    John,

    Once you have a chance to play around with the D50 could you please
    post some of your pics? I'm deciding between firstly the Canon EOS 350D
    and the Nikons, and secondly, should I decide on a Nikon, the D50 or
    D70/D70s. I'm leaning towards the D50 but worry that the lack of a DOF
    button might hinder some creativity, though some people say that
    reviewing the DOF on the LCD after snapping a few pictures might be
    better. What do you think? Did you try the Canon before buying the D50?

    Thanks!

    Scott
    Scott, Jun 27, 2005
  7. Phil Tomaskovic

    Guest

    Scott wrote:
    > John,
    >
    > Once you have a chance to play around with the D50 could you please
    > post some of your pics? I'm deciding between firstly the Canon EOS 350D
    > and the Nikons, and secondly, should I decide on a Nikon, the D50 or
    > D70/D70s. I'm leaning towards the D50 but worry that the lack of a DOF
    > button might hinder some creativity, though some people say that
    > reviewing the DOF on the LCD after snapping a few pictures might be
    > better. What do you think? Did you try the Canon before buying the D50?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Scott
    , Jun 29, 2005
  8. I see circuitcity.com has it on sale this weekend (web only). 5% off if you
    rather buy from a B&M store.

    Phil Tomaskovic, Jul 2, 2005