    other auto-rewinding technology that can automatically replay a video,
    whether on a CD/DVD or some other media (other than VCRs, digital
    preferred but will look at others)? Thanks in advance.
    M.L., May 7, 2006

  2. M.L.

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, M.L.
    <> wrote:

    > I'd like to set up a TV with a DVD player that can automatically
    > replay the DVD video when done so that no one has to get up to set the
    > DVD to start over again. Any such players available? Is there any
    > other auto-rewinding technology that can automatically replay a video,
    > whether on a CD/DVD or some other media (other than VCRs, digital
    > preferred but will look at others)? Thanks in advance.

    This is a pretty common feature, but in my experience it's often a
    hidden option. Just look through the on-screen menus or the manual for
    whatever you have.
    I think all Philips and Magnavox models do it.
    Mitch, May 7, 2006

  3. M.L.

    David McCall Guest

    "Mitch" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, M.L.
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I'd like to set up a TV with a DVD player that can automatically
    >> replay the DVD video when done so that no one has to get up to set the
    >> DVD to start over again. Any such players available? Is there any
    >> other auto-rewinding technology that can automatically replay a video,
    >> whether on a CD/DVD or some other media (other than VCRs, digital
    >> preferred but will look at others)? Thanks in advance.

    > This is a pretty common feature, but in my experience it's often a
    > hidden option. Just look through the on-screen menus or the manual for
    > whatever you have.
    > I think all Philips and Magnavox models do it.

    If you author the DVD yourself, you can set the end
    behavior to repeat. You can also make DVDs that
    begin playing as soon as you put them in. I believe
    I can do this in Vegas DVD, so it should be available
    in other software as well.

    My son has figured out how to take the DVDs
    burned on a stand-alone recorder and alter some
    bits and then reburn DVDs that play upon insertion,
    and repeat when they come to the end. We are
    sourcing from Betacam SP, so this process works
    really well for us. It gives us a very fast turn around.

    The DVDs play continuously in the hotels around
    conventions. The people at the hotel don't even
    have to press play, much less program their
    players to do it. If the power fails, the DVD will
    just restart.

    David
    David McCall, May 7, 2006
  4. M.L.

    Guest Guest

    "M.L." <> wrote in message news:...

    > I'd like to set up a TV with a DVD player that can automatically
    > replay the DVD video when done so that no one has to get up to set the
    > DVD to start over again. Any such players available? Is there any
    > other auto-rewinding technology that can automatically replay a video,
    > whether on a CD/DVD or some other media (other than VCRs, digital
    > preferred but will look at others)? Thanks in advance.

    All players do it. RTFM.
    Guest, May 7, 2006
  5. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    On Sun, 07 May 2006 00:07:02 GMT, "David McCall"
    <> wrote:

    >"Mitch" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>, M.L.
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'd like to set up a TV with a DVD player that can automatically
    >>> replay the DVD video when done so that no one has to get up to set the
    >>> DVD to start over again. Any such players available? Is there any
    >>> other auto-rewinding technology that can automatically replay a video,
    >>> whether on a CD/DVD or some other media (other than VCRs, digital
    >>> preferred but will look at others)? Thanks in advance.

    >> This is a pretty common feature, but in my experience it's often a
    >> hidden option. Just look through the on-screen menus or the manual for
    >> whatever you have.
    >> I think all Philips and Magnavox models do it.
    >>

    >If you author the DVD yourself, you can set the end
    >behavior to repeat. You can also make DVDs that
    >begin playing as soon as you put them in. I believe
    >I can do this in Vegas DVD, so it should be available
    >in other software as well.
    >
    > My son has figured out how to take the DVDs
    >burned on a stand-alone recorder and alter some
    >bits and then reburn DVDs that play upon insertion,
    >and repeat when they come to the end. We are
    >sourcing from Betacam SP, so this process works
    >really well for us. It gives us a very fast turn around.
    >
    >The DVDs play continuously in the hotels around
    >conventions. The people at the hotel don't even
    >have to press play, much less program their
    >players to do it. If the power fails, the DVD will
    >just restart.
    >
    >David

    As an experiment I authored and burned a slideshow using ProShow Gold,
    which had a checkbox to loop the DVD continuously. It worked on my
    home TV/DVD/VCD combo player (which doesn't play VCDs). I hope this
    means that it will loop on ANY dvd player. Thank you so much David and
    Mitch.
    M.L., May 7, 2006
  6. M.L.

    Cliff Hartle Guest

    Does your player have a A-B repeat feature?

    I think with this feature you set the start A and the end B and it repeats
    from A to B until you hit the A-B repeat button.

    You would need to program something on the DVD because just replaying a DVD
    would take you back to the Root Menu, not the start of the movie. A DVD
    player plays "titles". A normal DVD with added features might have 20 or 30
    titles. The main "movie" could be title 17 on the disk. You would have to
    tell it to play title 17 continuously.

    Cliff Hartle, May 7, 2006
  7. I've made DVDs like this for clients many times.

    To make it as simple as possible I create a menu DVD with no menu items
    to play, then I set the background media to the video that I want to
    loop. I use DVD Architect for my authoring, but I would presume that
    any DVD authoring program that lets you set background media for your
    DVD menu would work.

    It takes out any setup by the client, just pop the DVD in and it plays
    forever.

    Philip
    PhilipScoggins, May 7, 2006