  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Home audio, that is, for DVD playback.

    Richard, Aug 22, 2004

  2. Richard

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Nope. Can't beat a good component DVD player.

    Pug Fugley, Aug 22, 2004

  3. Richard

    Biz Guest

    Any decent HTPC will absolutely blow away a stnadalone dvd player for
    picture quality, if it is setup correctly. But for the audio, a PC cant
    touch even an inexpensive 5.1 discrete system.

    Biz, Aug 22, 2004
  4. "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Home audio, that is, for DVD playback.

    Yeah:
    A fast PC with lottsa hard disk space
    PowerDVD
    Soundblaster Audigy2 sound card
    Logitech Z680 speakers

    Beats many a home theatre system

    Colon Terminus, Aug 23, 2004
  5. Richard

    Pug Fugley Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > Any decent HTPC will absolutely blow away a stnadalone dvd player for
    > picture quality, if it is setup correctly. But for the audio, a PC cant
    > touch even an inexpensive 5.1 discrete system.

    I, and everyone else, begs to differ.

    Pug Fugley, Aug 23, 2004
  6. Richard

    Biz Guest

    "Pug Fugley" <> wrote in message

    > "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > > Any decent HTPC will absolutely blow away a stnadalone dvd player for
    > > picture quality, if it is setup correctly. But for the audio, a PC cant
    > > touch even an inexpensive 5.1 discrete system.

    > I, and everyone else, begs to differ.

    Then please elaborate. No PC could ever come close in sound to my main HT,
    and the PQ and tweaking possibilities that a decent HTPC can do cannot be
    matched by a standalone player.

    Which statement do you not agree with?

    Do you own an HTPC?

    Do you own a HT?

    Biz, Aug 23, 2004
  7. Richard

    luminos Guest

    This bozo never elaborates.

    luminos, Aug 23, 2004
  8. Pug Fugley wrote:
    > Nope. Can't beat a good component DVD player.
    >

    > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    >> Home audio, that is, for DVD playback.

    The only reason you don't get better video quality from a PC is most of time
    you don't have component output on the video card, most video cards to
    composite. So the reality of it, depends on how your outputing the video
    signal, more than what you are using.
    Modern sound card do just as way a good stand alone sound system.

    Quantum Leaper, Aug 24, 2004