Any Comments on the UNIDEN WDECT2310 Dect Phone..Update

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by The GHOST of WOGER., May 15, 2004.

  1. Tossing up on that, or the Panasonic DECT KX-TCD500 Cordless Phone.

    The Only BIG Problem with the Panasonic is the clock has no battery backup, as
    its in the base unite, that is a shame as that phone can be used as a alarm
    clock..

    http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/409b6117022b5ee8273fc0a87f9906ba/Product/View/F9292

    http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/409b6117022b5ee8273fc0a87f9906ba/Product/View/F7488

    After trying two sets, still no range only 2 to3 houses away, my 400
    Panasonic would go some 6 houses, But the Big problem was my Microwave I just
    found out that it interferes with the Unite and that it far away from the
    Microwave..

    The Phone base station is way back at the end of the house, the hand piece I
    was using was in the lounge, the Microwave is in the Kitchen, a mate told me
    that they both work at 2.4g..

    Normal DECT operates on the 1880-1900 MHz frequency band, that is why I never
    had any problems with 1.8 to 1.9g that the Panasonic uses, as that is the
    DECT standard..

    2.4GHz frequency band.

    A Quote: "As a result, you need to be aware of potential sources of RF
    interference, such as cordless phones, other WLANs -- and microwave ovens. In
    this tutorial, well focus on interference that microwave ovens create. Most
    microwaves emit signals that fall within the same 2.4GHz frequency band that
    802.11b WLANs utilize. It's something to think about when deploying. "

    http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3116531

    UNIDEN WDECT2310 Dect Phone

    2.4GHz WDECT Wideband Digital technology -

    http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/40a5d9fd06c4336c273fc0a87f990752/Product/View/F9292

    So the UNIDEN WDECT2310 Dect Phone can be a problem..
    The GHOST of WOGER., May 15, 2004

  2. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Kent Smith Guest

    "The GHOST of WOGER." <> wrote in message >
    > A Quote: "As a result, you need to be aware of potential sources of RF
    > interference, such as cordless phones, other WLANs -- and microwave ovens.

    In
    > this tutorial, well focus on interference that microwave ovens create.

    Most
    > microwaves emit signals that fall within the same 2.4GHz frequency band

    that
    > 802.11b WLANs utilize. It's something to think about when deploying. "

    I use a 2.4GHz phone system, 802.11b WIFI network and Microwave at the same
    time with no problems.

    -KENT
    Kent Smith, May 15, 2004

  3. On Sat, 15 May 2004 21:56:30 +1200, "Kent Smith"
    <> wrote:

    >"The GHOST of WOGER." <> wrote in message >
    >> A Quote: "As a result, you need to be aware of potential sources of RF
    >> interference, such as cordless phones, other WLANs -- and microwave ovens.

    >In
    >> this tutorial, well focus on interference that microwave ovens create.

    >Most
    >> microwaves emit signals that fall within the same 2.4GHz frequency band

    >that
    >> 802.11b WLANs utilize. It's something to think about when deploying. "
    >>

    >I use a 2.4GHz phone system, 802.11b WIFI network and Microwave at the same
    >time with no problems.
    >
    >-KENT

    Read the Article as it does state that there can be problems and it did with
    me..
    The GHOST of WOGER., May 15, 2004
  4. The GHOST of WOGER.

    ¢_£¥ºÑ Guest

    "The GHOST of WOGER." wrote. . .

    <snip>

    Tossing up on that, or a problem with it ?
    ¢_£¥ºÑ, May 15, 2004
  5. On Sun, 16 May 2004 07:55:25 +1000, "¢_£¥ºÑ" <> wrote:

    >"The GHOST of WOGER." wrote. . .
    >
    ><snip>
    >
    >Tossing up on that, or a problem with it ?

    Usless with a Microwave Oven in the house, as they both work on 2.4g, the
    Panasonic uses the Standard 1.88g to 1.9g band..
    The GHOST of WOGER., May 16, 2004
  6. The GHOST of WOGER.

    peter Guest

    yes I did notice that my microwave stopped working when using that phone

    ---
    peter, May 17, 2004
  7. The GHOST of WOGER.

    > On Sat, 15 May 2004 21:56:30 +1200, "Kent Smith"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"The GHOST of WOGER." <> wrote in message >
    > >> A Quote: "As a result, you need to be aware of potential sources of RF
    > >> interference, such as cordless phones, other WLANs -- and microwave

    ovens.
    > >In
    > >> this tutorial, well focus on interference that microwave ovens create.

    > >Most
    > >> microwaves emit signals that fall within the same 2.4GHz frequency band

    > >that
    > >> 802.11b WLANs utilize. It's something to think about when deploying. "
    > >>

    > >I use a 2.4GHz phone system, 802.11b WIFI network and Microwave at the

    same
    > >time with no problems.
    > >
    > >-KENT
    > >

    > Read the Article as it does state that there can be problems and it did

    with
    > me..

    Yeah, and I expected to have problems when I chose 802.11b. I made it clear
    when I bought gear that I had 2.4GHz phones and I will need to return it if
    I had any problems. I didn't need to.

    -KENT
    Kent Smith, May 17, 2004
  8. The GHOST of WOGER.

    SillyOne Guest

    I keep buying uniden phones (no I don't learn from
    my mistakes) because I can get them
    dealer pricing.. but so far I can't find one that works
    ok.. I've tried them all.. the best one for range was
    actually an old analog cordless model. I just tried
    the WDECT and it keeps cutting out and the range
    was less than the analog phone... go figure.
    The WDECT phone cuts out just walking around the lounge !
    Thats less than 5m line of sight ... not 300m or 50m.

    There are a few radio transmitters around my area..may be
    that causes some of the problems.. but the analog
    and panasonic digital phones I've had don't seem to
    be affected. A panasonic digital 900Mhz doesn't cut
    out at all. So what is it about Uniden Digital phones !!
    And another gripe.. I've always been fed up with speaker volumne
    in the handsets of all uniden models I've had.

    JM2CW

    SillyOne, May 18, 2004
  9. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Frank Guest

    On Tue, 18 May 2004 23:40:08 +1200, "SillyOne" <>
    wrote:

    >I keep buying uniden phones (no I don't learn from
    >my mistakes) because I can get them
    >dealer pricing.. but so far I can't find one that works
    >ok.. I've tried them all.. the best one for range was
    >actually an old analog cordless model. I just tried
    >the WDECT and it keeps cutting out and the range
    >was less than the analog phone... go figure.
    >The WDECT phone cuts out just walking around the lounge !
    >Thats less than 5m line of sight ... not 300m or 50m.
    >
    >There are a few radio transmitters around my area..may be
    >that causes some of the problems.. but the analog
    >and panasonic digital phones I've had don't seem to
    >be affected. A panasonic digital 900Mhz doesn't cut
    >out at all. So what is it about Uniden Digital phones !!
    >And another gripe.. I've always been fed up with speaker volumne
    >in the handsets of all uniden models I've had.
    >
    >JM2CW

    Well I had 3-4 People that complained that I sounded Far Far away and had
    trouble hearing me, this is what started it all.

    Frank, May 18, 2004
  10. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Frank, May 18, 2004