    ben.

    --
    Registered Linux user number 339435

    Ben Fitzgerald, Oct 27, 2005

  2. Ben Fitzgerald

    RH Guest

    "Ben Fitzgerald" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Like the subject says:
    >
    > Any comments on IPChitChat IPC320
    >
    > Is it a quality hardware phone or cheap 'n' nasty?

    It depends what your comparing it to. compared to a cisco 4-5x the price
    yes, comparing it to a grandstream budgetone no

    The Phone is actually an ATCOM unit, I have which I got as a sample amongst
    the collection of IP phones I have around the place
    It is based on the PA1688 chipset of which there are a few phones and ata on
    the market, they pretty much have the same functions.
    however there are a few points to be aware of.

    1- The quick dial buttons do not work as expected (ie lift phone and press)
    they are a repeat of nos 0-9. This is due to
    the phone having extraphysical buttons but atcom not doing any modifications
    of the base chipset firmware to make the
    buttons do anything

    2- The physical design is such that it is possible to think you have put
    the phone down when you have not

    Regards

    RH, Oct 28, 2005

  3. Ben Fitzgerald

    Telephoneman Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in message
    > "Ben Fitzgerald" <> wrote in message
    >> Like the subject says:
    >>
    >> Any comments on IPChitChat IPC320
    >>
    >> Is it a quality hardware phone or cheap 'n' nasty?

    > It depends what your comparing it to. compared to a cisco 4-5x the price
    > yes, comparing it to a grandstream budgetone no
    >
    > The Phone is actually an ATCOM unit, I have which I got as a sample
    > amongst the collection of IP phones I have around the place
    > It is based on the PA1688 chipset of which there are a few phones and ata
    > on the market, they pretty much have the same functions.
    > however there are a few points to be aware of.
    >
    > 1- The quick dial buttons do not work as expected (ie lift phone and
    > press) they are a repeat of nos 0-9. This is due to
    > the phone having extraphysical buttons but atcom not doing any
    > modifications of the base chipset firmware to make the
    > buttons do anything
    >
    > 2- The physical design is such that it is possible to think you have put
    > the phone down when you have not
    >

    > Regards

    I would add that it doesn't provide sidetone.

    Telephoneman, Oct 28, 2005
  4. On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:23:32 +0100, Telephoneman wrote:

    > "RH" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ben Fitzgerald" <> wrote in message
    >>> Like the subject says:
    >>>
    >>> Any comments on IPChitChat IPC320
    >>>
    >>> Is it a quality hardware phone or cheap 'n' nasty?

    >> It depends what your comparing it to. compared to a cisco 4-5x the price
    >> yes, comparing it to a grandstream budgetone no
    >>
    >> The Phone is actually an ATCOM unit, I have which I got as a sample
    >> amongst the collection of IP phones I have around the place
    >> It is based on the PA1688 chipset of which there are a few phones and ata
    >> on the market, they pretty much have the same functions.
    >> however there are a few points to be aware of.
    >>
    >> 1- The quick dial buttons do not work as expected (ie lift phone and
    >> press) they are a repeat of nos 0-9. This is due to
    >> the phone having extraphysical buttons but atcom not doing any
    >> modifications of the base chipset firmware to make the
    >> buttons do anything

    not great.

    >> 2- The physical design is such that it is possible to think you have put
    >> the phone down when you have not

    nice! :)

    > I would add that it doesn't provide sidetone.

    Really? I was reading about sidetone in another thread. This is a
    feature I would like as people shouting down the phone is annoying and I
    don't want to be one of those people.

    Thanks for the info,

    Ben.

    --