    don't even know if they are capable of that. that size print would be a
    portrait though, so i'd like it as sharp as possible.

    thanks for any "first hand" accounts.

    joe mama, Mar 21, 2006

  2. joe mama

    jean Guest

    Check on PBase (http://www.pbase.com) and search by camera make and model,
    many pics to choose from.

    Jean

    "joe mama" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > someone wants to practically give one away to me, and i wanted to see if
    > there are any examples of shots from them that anyone has uploaded
    > somewhere. i don't trust the photo review sites.
    >
    > and what size is the largest "good" print you have gotten from it? i
    > wouldn't want (or expect) anything bigger than 11x14 from a 4mp camera,

    and

    jean, Mar 21, 2006

  3. joe mama wrote:
    > someone wants to practically give one away to me, and i wanted to see if
    > there are any examples of shots from them that anyone has uploaded
    > somewhere. i don't trust the photo review sites.
    >
    > and what size is the largest "good" print you have gotten from it? i
    > wouldn't want (or expect) anything bigger than 11x14 from a 4mp camera, and
    > don't even know if they are capable of that. that size print would be a
    > portrait though, so i'd like it as sharp as possible.

    The G-3 was my first digital camera, and I still have it and use it when
    I am not shooting sports or events. It's a fine camera, and as to 11 x
    14, I've not printed that large off this camera, but it should be quite
    decent.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Mar 21, 2006
  4. joe mama

    JC Dill Guest

    On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:58:51 GMT, "joe mama" <>
    wrote:

    >someone wants to practically give one away to me

    If you don't want it, I'll take it!

    My first digicam was a G1. I loved everything about that camera
    except for the (common to P&S digicams) shutter delay. I'd love to
    have one again as a snapshot camera for the times when I don't want to
    lug the 1dMII around.

    jc

    JC Dill, Mar 22, 2006
  5. joe mama

    Petri Lopia Guest

    On 2006-03-21, joe mama <> wrote:
    > someone wants to practically give one away to me, and i wanted to see if
    > there are any examples of shots from them that anyone has uploaded
    > somewhere. i don't trust the photo review sites.

    These are not G3 photos but Canon PowerShot G5 photos:
    http://www.petrilopia.net/testgal/

    And what I know there is not much difference between G3 and G5 models.
    Some peoples even say that G3 is better than G5.

    --
    Petri Lopia :: lid
    Firework, Lightning, sun, moon, nature etc. photos

    Petri Lopia, Mar 22, 2006
  6. joe mama

    ASAAR Guest

    On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:58:51 GMT, joe mama wrote:

    > someone wants to practically give one away to me, and i wanted to see if
    > there are any examples of shots from them that anyone has uploaded
    > somewhere. i don't trust the photo review sites.

    Why not? Although I don't think Steve's Digicams has the best
    reviews (I prefer dpreview), the test/example shots seem to be
    authentic and from what I've seen fairly represent what the camera
    is capable of producing. In any case, at a giveaway price, the G3
    should make a very nice camera. If you're lucky, you won't even
    need to add a new battery.

    > and what size is the largest "good" print you have gotten from it? i
    > wouldn't want (or expect) anything bigger than 11x14 from a 4mp
    > camera, and don't even know if they are capable of that. that size print
    > would be a portrait though, so i'd like it as sharp as possible.

    Portraits are one type of photo where sharpness isn't really the
    most critical factor. While I don't know what you'd pay for this
    G3, it sounds as if you could sell it for a profit on eBay if you
    find that it's insufficient for your needs. But it'll probably be
    more than adequate.

    ASAAR, Mar 22, 2006
  7. joe mama

    phk Guest

    I have used a G3 for several years. I have a 20x24 landscape that I've
    framed and is entirely acceptable, as well as a 17x21 interior church
    picture with very detailed brick and pipe organ structure.

    It's a wonderful camera, particularly the rotating monitor. Its only
    downside is that if you install a wide angle adaptor, you have to use
    the monitor for viewing and it's hard to see in sunlight - I have had
    to occasionally throw a coat over my head to see what I'm taking.

    phk, Mar 22, 2006