    out with this feature yet?
    thanks
    www.electricwindmillcar.com

    inventor, Mar 26, 2006

  2. inventor

    Alan Guest

    In message <>,
    inventor <> wrote
    >any cameras with usb 2 flash drives yet ?
    >
    >I searched this group and found some old messages that said you can not
    >put your usb 2 flash drive into a digital camera .... had anyone come
    >out with this feature yet?
    >thanks
    >www.electricwindmillcar.com

    Isn't the problem with USB interface the power the interface requires?
    If all the power has to be supplied from the cameras battery then it
    will negate one of the features that people desire on their cameras i.e.
    long battery life.
    --
    Alan
    news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

    Alan, Mar 26, 2006

  3. "Alan" <2s.com> wrote in message
    > In message <>,
    > inventor <> wrote
    >>any cameras with usb 2 flash drives yet ?
    >>
    >>I searched this group and found some old messages that said you can not
    >>put your usb 2 flash drive into a digital camera .... had anyone come
    >>out with this feature yet?
    >>thanks
    >>www.electricwindmillcar.com
    >>

    > Isn't the problem with USB interface the power the interface requires? If
    > all the power has to be supplied from the cameras battery then it will
    > negate one of the features that people desire on their cameras i.e. long
    > battery life.

    The other problem is USB flash drives are not a standard shape or size. So
    unless people don't mind a USB flash drive sticking out of the camera...

    Darrell Larose, Mar 26, 2006
  4. inventor

    tomm42 Guest

    inventor wrote:
    > any cameras with usb 2 flash drives yet ?
    >
    > I searched this group and found some old messages that said you can not
    > put your usb 2 flash drive into a digital camera .... had anyone come
    > out with this feature yet?
    > thanks
    > www.electricwindmillcar.com

    Don't know if it is released but San Disk designed an SD card that
    folds in half with a USB connector.

    Tom

    tomm42, Mar 26, 2006
  5. inventor

    Frank ess Guest

    tomm42 wrote:
    > inventor wrote:
    >> any cameras with usb 2 flash drives yet ?
    >>
    >> I searched this group and found some old messages that said you can
    >> not put your usb 2 flash drive into a digital camera .... had
    >> anyone
    >> come out with this feature yet?
    >> thanks
    >> www.electricwindmillcar.com

    > Don't know if it is released but San Disk designed an SD card that
    > folds in half with a USB connector.

    I have one, Ultra II SD Plus USB, 1GB in size. Works a treat, and I
    think it may just cover the use the OP is looking for. I was a little
    apprehensive about its durability, seems a little fragile, but after
    dozen try-to-bend-it-the-wrong-way episodes, no problems.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Mar 26, 2006