    the price, or generally too good to be true? Are there specific
    sellers known to deliver good stuff?

    Thanks

    Peabody, Jul 18, 2007

  2. In article <dEnni.30$>, Peabody
    <> wrote:

    > I know there's a degree of risk on anything you buy like this, but I
    > just wondered if, in general, there's a consensus on camcorder
    > batteries on Ebay. They appear to be of Chinese origin, and don't
    > pretend to be OEM. One seller I've looked at is Orphanbiker
    > (interesting name).
    >
    > Anyway, are these generally well thought of - work fine and at 1/3
    > the price, or generally too good to be true? Are there specific
    > sellers known to deliver good stuff?

    My best advice would be - Don't. I've had enough troubles over the
    years with NAME BRAND substitutes (e.g. Energizer) to bother with
    no-name Chinese knock-offs. It may work fine (today); or problems may
    range from simple charging problems (I've had batteries fail to stop
    charging when full, or give inaccurate battery level readings) to
    actual fire or electrical damage.

    Not worth it to me.

    Scott Schuckert, Jul 19, 2007

  3. Peabody

    SMS Guest

    Peabody wrote:
    > Not sure if this is the right newsgroup for this, but...
    >
    > I know there's a degree of risk on anything you buy like this, but I
    > just wondered if, in general, there's a consensus on camcorder
    > batteries on Ebay. They appear to be of Chinese origin, and don't
    > pretend to be OEM. One seller I've looked at is Orphanbiker
    > (interesting name).
    >
    > Anyway, are these generally well thought of - work fine and at 1/3
    > the price, or generally too good to be true? Are there specific
    > sellers known to deliver good stuff?
    >
    > Thanks

    For camera and camcorder batteries I've used
    "http://sterlingtek.stores.yahoo.net/caba.html" for a few years and not
    had any problems.

    I probably would avoid batteries from eBay, as there is no
    accountability if you have any problems.

    YMMV.

    SMS, Jul 19, 2007