    server if they were in the middle.

    Any ideas on this would be helpful

    Bart

    Bart Fisher, Aug 9, 2006

  2. Bart Fisher <> writes:
    > I answer incoming phone calls for a client located in NY, I'm in
    > California. If a caller desires to talk to NY, How would be the best
    > method to so.
    >
    > 1. Have NY register on my Asterisk Server and handle the call directly
    > 2. Have NY register on FWD and have Asterisk send calls to NY using
    > another FWD extension from my location.

    3. Setup asterisk and the phones to be able to do SIP reinvites. Then
    transfer the call's data stream to NY if the caller wants to talk
    to NY directly.

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Aug 9, 2006

  3. Bart Fisher

    Bart Fisher Guest

    Thanks Wolfgang - I finally got a chance to read about how
    'canreinvite' works.

    If I understand correctly, it will allow asterisk to setup connections
    enabling the endpoints to talk directly, bypassing asterisk resources.

    The part that wasn't clear is, would asterisk still be able to create
    a CDR for a total call duration or for only the duration asterisk was
    involved in the call?

    Bart

    Bart Fisher, Aug 11, 2006
  4. Bart Fisher <> writes:
    > The part that wasn't clear is, would asterisk still be able to create
    > a CDR for a total call duration or for only the duration asterisk was
    > involved in the call?

    You're welcome. Asterisk still stays in the loop as far as the SIP
    signaling goes. SIP does the call setup / tear-down. The only thing
    that goes direct is the voice RTP data. So yes, the CDR is still for
    the whole call.

    BTW. With reinvites you can transfer the call back and forth as many
    times as you want and the data still gets sent directly with no
    "looped" data stream.

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Aug 11, 2006