    Any MCSE study group in Seattle? I guess it might be a good idea for those
    who are preparing for certain MCP exams to form a study group or something..
    so we can study and discuss the material together.

    Bay, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Bay

    Zomack Guest

    Hi there,

    I live in downtown Seattle myself. Completed 70-210 last week and will take 70-215 next week -- then on to 70-218. Haven't seen/heard of any groups here, though I know that Netdesk once had a "no-pressure"(ie they didn't try to sell you any of their training services) "study night" once-a-week. I attended a few sessions back when I was prepping for NT MCSE a few years ago and found it pretty worthwhile. They may still host the sessions.

    Am actually actively searching for a group as well and would be happy to pass along anything I find/coordinate.

    Best wishes!
    Russ

    Zomack, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Bay

    Bay Guest

    I just visited the Netdesk website. I don't see they have any study group
    but I saw they offer free lab from 8am to 8pm.. I wonder what they mean by
    "free lab" is for everyone or merely their own students. Good luck with your
    70-215, I guess you are going for the MCSA, right? So am I. I completed the
    70-215 2 weeks ago and taking the 70-270 this week..then on 70-218.. We are
    almost on the same pace!

    Bay, Oct 21, 2003
  4. A great way to get involved with the IT professional in the Seattle is to
    join BOPA (http://www.bopa.net/). You could likely find some great mentors
    and form a study group with some of them. If you set up a study group and
    would like me to come talk with your group one evening, I'd be glad to.

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Oct 21, 2003
  5. Bay

    Bay Guest

    Andy,

    Thanks for your input. I just checked out the BOPA site. It is a good source
    for those who already have a job and company is paying for their membership.
    I am actually looking for non-profit organization or public source that
    gather those who are preparing for the same test and study/prepare for the
    test and discuss issues together. I would like to join the BOPA if my
    potential employer is willing to pay for me to attend.

    Bay, Oct 21, 2003