Antivirus software

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Silva Spassova, Apr 9, 2007.

  1. jh
    Silva Spassova, Apr 9, 2007

  2. Silva Spassova

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 17:53:56 GMT, "Silva Spassova"
    <> wrote:

    >jh

    Indeed.
    Evan Platt, Apr 9, 2007

  3. Silva Spassova

    joevan Guest

    <> wrote:

    >jh

    I got some. But you can't have any of it.
    joevan, Apr 10, 2007
  4. Silva Spassova wrote:
    > jh

    No, "jh" is not Antivirus software. You lose the $397 you had won so
    far.

    Next question, for $50 -- name something that is not a graphics editor.
    You have 10 seconds, and the clock's running!

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Apr 10, 2007
  5. Silva Spassova

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Silva Spassova wrote:
    >> jh

    > No, "jh" is not Antivirus software. You lose the $397 you had won so
    > far.
    >
    > Next question, for $50 -- name something that is not a graphics editor.
    > You have 10 seconds, and the clock's running!

    MS Paint.

    Do I win? Huh? Huh?
    WhzzKdd, Apr 10, 2007
  6. Blinky the Shark, Apr 10, 2007
  7. WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Silva Spassova wrote:
    >>> jh

    >> No, "jh" is not Antivirus software. You lose the $397 you had won so
    >> far.
    >>
    >> Next question, for $50 -- name something that is not a graphics editor.
    >> You have 10 seconds, and the clock's running!

    <10-second buzzer goes off>

    Sorry! Too late.

    > MS Paint.

    :)

    > Do I win? Huh? Huh?

    An update for your copy of MS Paint, as one of your parting gifts as you
    leave the studio. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 10, 2007
  8. Silva Spassova

    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> No, "jh" is not Antivirus software. You lose the $397 you had won so
    >>> far.
    >>>
    >>> Next question, for $50 -- name something that is not a graphics editor.
    >>> You have 10 seconds, and the clock's running!

    > <10-second buzzer goes off>
    >
    > Sorry! Too late.
    >
    >> MS Paint.

    > :)
    >
    >> Do I win? Huh? Huh?

    > An update for your copy of MS Paint, as one of your parting gifts as you
    > leave the studio. :)

    LOL!

    Ya gotta admit though: Paint is probably the absolute crappiest applet MS
    ever produced.
    WhzzKdd, Apr 10, 2007
  9. WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >> <10-second buzzer goes off>
    >>
    >> Sorry! Too late.
    >>
    >>> MS Paint.

    >> :)
    >>
    >>> Do I win? Huh? Huh?

    >> An update for your copy of MS Paint, as one of your parting gifts as you
    >> leave the studio. :)
    >>

    > LOL!
    >
    > Ya gotta admit though: Paint is probably the absolute crappiest applet MS
    > ever produced.

    Yep. Solitaire has more features. :)

    But people still recommend it. Like they do OE.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 10, 2007
  10. Silva Spassova

    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> <10-second buzzer goes off>
    >>>
    >>> Sorry! Too late.

    >>> :)

    >>> An update for your copy of MS Paint, as one of your parting gifts as you
    >>> leave the studio. :)
    >>>

    >> LOL!
    >>
    >> Ya gotta admit though: Paint is probably the absolute crappiest applet MS
    >> ever produced.

    > Yep. Solitaire has more features. :)
    >
    > But people still recommend it. Like they do OE.

    /Ouch!/ (pulls dagger from deeply embedded position)

    Okay - so I don't recommend it, but I still use it <g>
    WhzzKdd, Apr 10, 2007
  11. WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> LOL!
    >>>
    >>> Ya gotta admit though: Paint is probably the absolute crappiest applet MS
    >>> ever produced.

    >> Yep. Solitaire has more features. :)
    >>
    >> But people still recommend it. Like they do OE.
    >>

    > /Ouch!/ (pulls dagger from deeply embedded position)

    Heh. I didn't notice you were using that until after I'd posted that.

    > Okay - so I don't recommend it, but I still use it <g>

    That sounds a lot like "I don't know what art is, but I know what I
    like." :)

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 10, 2007
  12. Silva Spassova

    sittingduck Guest

    WhzzKdd wrote:

    > Ya gotta admit though: Paint is probably the absolute crappiest applet MS
    > ever produced.

    Pretty much all the crap they load in as extras is crap.
    nLite for the win!

    --
    WindowsXP Pro SP2 Corporate (Stripped to the Bone Edition)
    by: vertigo173

    zipped = 153 MB
    unzipped = 175 MB

    This is WindowsXP Pro SP2 Version 5.1 build 2600 (English)

    Type: ISO (bootable)

    *Note: There is no serial needed. It's already integrated into the install
    disc for
    you. There is no activation crack needed, because this is the Corporate
    version.
    Just boot from the CD and install!

    ************

    This CD was made using nLite:

    *********What is Remaining?*********

    Applications:

    Calculator
    Defragmenter

    Drivers:

    Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)
    Battery
    Bluetooth Support
    Brother Devices
    Display Adapters
    Display Adapters (old)
    Ethernet (LAN)
    Firewire (1394) Support
    IBM Thinkpad
    InfraRed
    ISDN
    MultiFunctional
    Multi-port serial adapters
    PCMCIA
    Ports (COM & LPT)
    SCSI/RAID
    Sound Controllers
    Toshiba DVD decoder card
    Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

    Internet Utilities:

    ATM Support
    Client for Netware Networks
    Internet Explorer
    Internet Explorer Core
    MAC Bridge
    NetShell Cmd-Tool
    Network Monitor Driver and Tools
    NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Protocol
    Outlook Express
    Tcp/Ip Version 6

    Operating System Options:

    16-bit support
    Administrator VB scripts
    Application compatibility patch
    Command-Line tools
    Disk Cleanup
    Extra Fonts
    Floppy Support
    Jet Database Engine
    MDAC
    Out of Box Experience (OOBE)
    Printer Support
    Web View

    Services:

    Application Layer Gateway
    Background Intelligent Transfer
    COM+
    DHCP Client
    Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC)
    DNS Client
    Event Log
    Internet Authentication (IAS)
    Logical Disk Manager
    Management Instrumentation (WMI)
    Message Queuing (MSMQ)
    Network DDE
    Performance Logs and Alerts
    QoS RSVP
    Quality of Service (QoS)
    Service Advertising Protocol
    Shell Services
    SNMP
    System Event Notification (SENS)
    System Monitor
    TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
    Terminal Services
    Universal Plug and Play
    Volume Shadow Copy
    Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
    Windows Time
    Wireless Zero Configuration

    *Note:

    Windows File protection is disabled. You can now delete that stupid Xerox
    folder inside your Program Files!

    The Start Bar was tweaked for speed, too.

    I was nice to remove the Alexa spyware for you. Alexa is spyware that Windows
    XP ships out with. How nice of them. Alexa tracks your browsing habbits. I
    thought spyware only came with crappy games and programs? Guess I was wrong.

    Index Service is gone.

    Prefetch folder in C:\Windows is gone.

    Max connection limit is set to 50 (for P2P and Bit Torrent)

    etc.

    ************

    Just to give you an idea about what was removed:

    Themes (Classic Theme is only available)
    Wallpaper
    Windows Media Player
    Windows Movie Maker
    Animated Character for Search
    Windows XP Tour
    Screensavers
    Games
    Language Pack
    Help
    System Restore
    Windows Update

    If you don't see it in the long list, above - then it was probably ripped.

    ************

    I've been using this stripped-down version of WindowsXP Pro SP2 Corporate for
    about several months now. It's quick to install, and it's stable! It's great
    for small
    hard drives. You'll notice not very many services running in the background,
    too. It boots fast and shuts down quick.

    If you're ever in the need for an extremely light version of XP, then this
    disc will
    be right for you. You'll still be able to get on-line and do everything else,
    except
    that you won't have all the BS that Microsoft forces you to install - that
    you will
    never use.

    Why sacrifice hard drive space and speed - use this disc and you'll be glad
    you did!

    -- vertigo173
    sittingduck, Apr 10, 2007
  13. Silva Spassova

    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yep. Solitaire has more features. :)
    >>>
    >>> But people still recommend it. Like they do OE.
    >>>

    >> /Ouch!/ (pulls dagger from deeply embedded position)

    > Heh. I didn't notice you were using that until after I'd posted that.
    >
    >> Okay - so I don't recommend it, but I still use it <g>

    > That sounds a lot like "I don't know what art is, but I know what I
    > like." :)

    Pretty much <g>!
    WhzzKdd, Apr 10, 2007
  14. Silva Spassova