    it's any good?

    Thanks,
    Craig
    =?Utf-8?B?Y3JhaWdoYW5vY2g=?=, Nov 15, 2006

  2. Sophos is excellent. NOD32 also runs fine in x64.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    http://www.coribright.com/windows

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Nov 15, 2006

  3. Thanks for the reply. I wonder how to compare the available tools -- are
    there any independent studies of the effectiveness of these applications? Be
    good to know there is a firm basis for making my decision besides the look
    and feel -- after all, the main point of AV software is to catch and kill
    viruses!

    Sophos, Avast, and NOD32 -- how to decide which one should protect my
    computer? Well, at least I have choices, even if I have no good way to ground
    my choice in real world data.

    Craig

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3JhaWdoYW5vY2g=?=, Nov 15, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Y3JhaWdoYW5vY2g=?=

    Dshai Guest

    I run NOD32 on an XP x64 system myself and have been more than pleased with
    the results.

    Dshai, Nov 15, 2006