    Yakov K Guest

    It's that time of year again - to renew my antivirus subscription. I fancy a
    change (from Norton) - what do you all recommend?
    Yakov K, Oct 16, 2005

  2. "Yakov K" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > It's that time of year again - to renew my antivirus subscription. I fancy
    > change (from Norton) - what do you all recommend?

    AVG free edition.

    **SS**
    Secret Squiddle, Oct 16, 2005

  3. Yakov K

    Burdel Guest

    "Yakov K" <> wrote in

    > It's that time of year again - to renew my antivirus subscription. I
    > fancy a change (from Norton) - what do you all recommend?

    E-Trust... and about a fifth of the size and cost of Norton.

    --
    Why drive... when you can Ride!!!

    Burdel
    Burdel, Oct 16, 2005
  4. Yakov K

    cineman Guest

    antivir from www.free-av.com came out top in bench test for free anti virus
    software.
    only thing wrong with norton is the amount of space it takes and time it
    takes checking everything incoming and outgoing from computer.
    regards
    Cineman

    cineman, Oct 16, 2005
  5. Yakov K

    Alan Guest

    Yakov K wrote:
    > It's that time of year again - to renew my antivirus subscription. I fancy a
    > change (from Norton) - what do you all recommend?

    I ust found out that Mcafee (retail) does not log anything, making
    research and examing history close to; if not entirely imposible.
    Alan, Oct 16, 2005
  6. Yakov K

    philo Guest

    Yakov K wrote:
    > It's that time of year again - to renew my antivirus subscription. I fancy a
    > change (from Norton) - what do you all recommend?

    i also recommend AVG
    it works well
    it's free
    and it uses few resources
    philo, Oct 16, 2005
  7. Yakov K

    FML Guest

    Yakov K wrote:
    > It's that time of year again - to renew my antivirus subscription. I fancy a
    > change (from Norton) - what do you all recommend?

    Kapersky
    FML, Oct 16, 2005
  8. Yakov K

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:29:41 +0100, Yakov K wrote:

    >It's that time of year again - to renew my antivirus subscription. I fancy a
    >change (from Norton) - what do you all recommend?

    Ditched NAV 5 years ago.

    Using CA eTrust , F-Prot , Avast (not the same PC) and a free 1 or 2 on
    a few others.

    Me
    why?, Oct 16, 2005
  9. Yakov K

    Trax Guest

    FML <> wrote:

    |>Yakov K wrote:
    |>> It's that time of year again - to renew my antivirus subscription. I fancy a
    |>> change (from Norton) - what do you all recommend?

    |>Kapersky

    I tried Kapersky, while good I had to remove it.

    My CPU is Hyper threading and shows as two CPU's, Kapersky would only
    use one thread (One thread about 3% while the other was 80%) really
    bog'd down my system.

    I went back to AVG free, as long as you use safe hex it's ok.

    --
    Remember Commander Keen?
    http://www.glenrhodes.com/flashkeen/
    Trax, Oct 16, 2005
  10. Yakov K

    JPB Guest

    Yakov K wrote:

    > It's that time of year again - to renew my antivirus subscription. I fancy
    > a change (from Norton) - what do you all recommend?

    Linux.

    --
    JPB
    JPB, Oct 16, 2005
  11. Yakov K

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:41:42 +0100, JPB wrote:

    >Yakov K wrote:
    >
    >> It's that time of year again - to renew my antivirus subscription. I fancy
    >> a change (from Norton) - what do you all recommend?

    >Linux.

    F-Prot or F-Secure, for those times Win users save files on Samba shares
    :)

    Me
    why?, Oct 16, 2005
  12. yep
    43523d9a$0$32733$...

    David Jonckheere, Oct 17, 2005
  13. Yakov K

    David Guest

    yep2

    David, Oct 17, 2005
  14. Yakov K

    Plato Guest

    Yakov K wrote:

    > It's that time of year again - to renew my antivirus subscription. I fancy a
    > change (from Norton) - what do you all recommend?

    got some free anti-virus below.
    http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm
    Plato, Oct 17, 2005
  15. Yakov K

    Terry Hollis Guest

    Yakov K wrote:

    > It's that time of year again - to renew my antivirus subscription. I
    > fancy a change (from Norton) - what do you all recommend?

    I was using AVG & Nortons 2003 updated on my two computers; after some
    proplems I installed Kaspersky anti-virus Personal Pro and found numerous
    worms and trogens that my previous AV software had ignored.

    There is a problem with Kaspersky though, you have to turn off the useless
    System Restore, before u install it.

    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    --
    Regards - Terry Hollis, Auckland, New Zealand

    replace "nospam" with "terry.hollis" to reply
    Terry Hollis, Oct 17, 2005
  16. Yakov K

    Fred666 Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Yakov K wrote:
    >>
    >> It's that time of year again - to renew my antivirus subscription. I
    >> fancy a
    >> change (from Norton) - what do you all recommend?

    > got some free anti-virus below.
    > http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm

    No hesitation - AVG every time.

    Fred666, Oct 19, 2005