    looking for one that is the LEAST resource hog as possible. I had Norton at
    one time and it was enormous. Any that are the least in size that will do
    the job?

    Tara Legale, Nov 20, 2007

  2. Tara Legale

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Tara Legale" <> wrote in message
    news:zbK0j.20896$...
    > First and foremost (besides an antivirus program that does the job) I am
    > looking for one that is the LEAST resource hog as possible. I had
    > Norton at one time and it was enormous. Any that are the least in size
    > that will do the job?

    I've used both of these:

    http://www.download.com/Antivirus-Firewall-Spyware/?tag=dir

    AVG and AVAST have free / minimal installs

    For AVG:
    http://www.download.com/3000-2239_4-10761481.html

    For Avast:
    http://www.download.com/3000-2239_4-10747101.html

    and watch the install / overview video

    - Bobb -, Nov 21, 2007

  3. Tara Legale

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    > First and foremost (besides an antivirus program that does the job) I am
    > looking for one that is the LEAST resource hog as possible. I had Norton
    > at one time and it was enormous. Any that are the least in size that will
    > do the job?

    NOD32 uses the least amount of resources and has some very good features.
    You can try the full version 25 trial software at www.eset.com. I last used
    Norton back in 2001, then I switched to NOD32 and never looked back.

    Mr. Arnold, Nov 21, 2007
  4. Tara Legale

    Alex Clayton Guest

    > First and foremost (besides an antivirus program that does the job) I am
    > looking for one that is the LEAST resource hog as possible. I had Norton
    > at one time and it was enormous. Any that are the least in size that will
    > do the job?

    AVG Free.
    Moderation is for monks."
    [Lazarus Long]

    Alex Clayton, Nov 21, 2007
  5. Tara Legale

    jtees4 Guest

    On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 23:35:59 GMT, "Tara Legale"
    <> wrote:

    >First and foremost (besides an antivirus program that does the job) I am
    >looking for one that is the LEAST resource hog as possible. I had Norton at
    >one time and it was enormous. Any that are the least in size that will do
    >the job?

    AVG Free and Avast Free. Both excellent.

    jtees4, Nov 21, 2007
  6. Tara Legale

    MaryL Guest

    > First and foremost (besides an antivirus program that does the job) I am
    > looking for one that is the LEAST resource hog as possible. I had Norton
    > at one time and it was enormous. Any that are the least in size that will
    > do the job?

    I like both AVG free and Avast! free. Small programs, free, easy to use,
    reliable. Along with that, I add in Ad-Aware and SpyBot Search & Destroy.
    *Don't* use AVG and Avast! at the same time because both are anti-virus
    programs. Using two AV programs simultaneously can cause compatibility
    issues.

    MaryL

    MaryL, Nov 27, 2007