    Server running Windows Server 2003. It is behind a firewall (sonic). Is
    there any need to install antivirus on it? And if so, then what kind? Norton
    doesn't say anything about running on a server.

    Greg, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Greg

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes, a firewall is not and antivirus solution.

    NAV Corporate Edition
    http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/products/products.cfm?ProductID=155

    "Comprehensive virus protection for enterprise workstations
    and network servers."

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:42:57 -0500, in
    <>
    Greg scrawleE:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Greg

    Boomer Guest

    "Greg" <> wrote in

    > Server running Windows Server 2003. It is behind a firewall
    > (sonic). Is there any need to install antivirus on it? And if so,
    > then what kind? Norton doesn't say anything about running on a
    > server.

    Hi

    You might ask here, alt.comp.anti-virus, and see what others are
    running on a server.

    Boomer, Apr 14, 2004
  4. "Greg" <> wrote in message
    > Server running Windows Server 2003. It is behind a firewall (sonic). Is
    > there any need to install antivirus on it? And if so, then what kind?

    Norton
    > doesn't say anything about running on a server.

    A firewall does nothing to prevent virus infections. Not the same thing at
    all.

    I'm not a fan of Norton/Symantec. Check out Computer Associates.

    ETrust Antivirus 7 is a server solution and possibly the best value in its
    class.

    http://www3.ca.com/Solutions/Product.asp?ID=156

    If you're looking for a more complete solution, check out the Secure Content
    Manager:

    http://www3.ca.com/Solutions/Product.asp?ID=4673

    Oxford Systems, Apr 14, 2004
  5. "Oxford Systems" <> wrote in message
    > "Greg" <> wrote in message
    > > Server running Windows Server 2003. It is behind a firewall (sonic). Is
    > > there any need to install antivirus on it? And if so, then what kind?

    > Norton
    > > doesn't say anything about running on a server.

    > A firewall does nothing to prevent virus infections. Not the same thing at
    > all.
    >
    > I'm not a fan of Norton/Symantec. Check out Computer Associates.
    >
    > ETrust Antivirus 7 is a server solution and possibly the best value in its
    > class.
    >
    > http://www3.ca.com/Solutions/Product.asp?ID=156

    [snip]

    Meant to include this in the previous post. InfoWorld has a short review of
    this package here:

    http://reviews.infoworld.com/infoworld/article/03/04/18/16etrust_1.html

    Also note that Computer Associates has a 30 day free trial download
    available.

    Oxford Systems, Apr 14, 2004
  6. Greg

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:42:57 -0500, Greg wrote:

    >Server running Windows Server 2003. It is behind a firewall (sonic). Is
    >there any need to install antivirus on it? And if so, then what kind? Norton
    >doesn't say anything about running on a server.

    http://www.sophos.com/

    Me

    why?, Apr 14, 2004