antivirus problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mr. B, Sep 14, 2007.

  1. Mr. B

    Mr. B Guest

    Hi
    Im using Windows XP Home edn. I have installed AVG and everytime i boot up
    AVG starts scanning my harddrive. Its getting on my nerves because when I go
    to cancel, I have to try about 10 times before it will stop.

    Is there anyway I can cancel the scanning until Im ready to do it manually?

    I have looked on AVG's website and on here for past posts but cant come up
    with anything.

    Thanks for any positive advice given.

    Mr B

    -----------------
    -----------------

    Mr. B, Sep 14, 2007

  2. Mr. B

    Gaius Baltar Guest

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 22:27:17 +0100, "Mr. B"
    <Michael.Bradley@Talktalk..net> wrote:

    >Hi
    >Im using Windows XP Home edn. I have installed AVG and everytime i boot up
    >AVG starts scanning my harddrive. Its getting on my nerves because when I go
    >to cancel, I have to try about 10 times before it will stop.
    >
    >Is there anyway I can cancel the scanning until Im ready to do it manually?
    >
    >I have looked on AVG's website and on here for past posts but cant come up
    >with anything.
    >
    >Thanks for any positive advice given.
    >
    >Mr B

    Have a look in scans (or maybe options/settings) and see if you have
    enabled AVG to do a scan as soon as Windows starts. If so, simply
    disable it

    gb

    Gaius Baltar, Sep 15, 2007