    --
    Ole
    Scan-Med
    =?Utf-8?B?T2xlIFN1bmRzdHJvbQ==?=, Jul 8, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 8, 2005

  3. look at the site http://www.avast.com/

    You can download a 1 year FREE subscription to the avast! Antivirus Home
    Edition, (you get a serial) and the software, off corse. It is windows xp 64
    bit ready. The download is 8 MB aprox.

    This programs is good for me, they has a online update virus def serius
    political, and I've been in dark http sites and the antivirus has detect many
    attacks on the fly.

    =?Utf-8?B?amZ2bQ==?=, Jul 8, 2005
  4. But for companies that want more advanced features, eTrust is a better
    choice.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 8, 2005
  5. I think the avast product is great also. I've been running it for more than
    a week now without a hitch. Easy to enable and easy to disable for installs
    etc. Has plugins to MS Outlook for scanning the infected files some of my
    friends end up sending me!

    Really like that fact that it updates itself.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Jul 8, 2005
  6. Also, eTrust AV 7.1 is a final and Avast is still in testing. The latter OK
    for an enthusiast, but not for a production environment.

    > But for companies that want more advanced features, eTrust is a better
    > choice.
    > --
    > Andre
    > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    >
    > "jfvm" <> wrote in message
    >> look at the site http://www.avast.com/
    >>
    >> You can download a 1 year FREE subscription to the avast! Antivirus Home
    >> Edition, (you get a serial) and the software, off corse. It is windows xp
    >> 64
    >> bit ready. The download is 8 MB aprox.
    >>
    >> This programs is good for me, they has a online update virus def serius
    >> political, and I've been in dark http sites and the antivirus has detect
    >> many
    >> attacks on the fly.
    >>

    >> "Ole Sundstrom" wrote:
    >>
    >>> e-Trust has a 64-bit antivirus (Ver. 7.1.192) and it seems to work.
    >>> I have had it installed for about 10 days and so fare without problems.
    >>> --
    >>> Ole
    >>> Scan-Med

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 9, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?T2xlIFN1bmRzdHJvbQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Having never used eTrust, does it do incremental updates or does it download
    a complete file each update. Those of us on a slow dial-up appreciate a
    fast incremental update. As to production environment, anyone who doesn't
    have system backups would be a fool. Avast is also not 'in testing' but is
    fully supported. all avast! antivirus editions, including the free Home
    Edition, now fully support the new Windows x64 platform
    The approximately $12 that eTrust costs certainly is insignificant if one
    wants or needs the additional features. As to which provides better
    protection?
    I personally hope Trend Micro gets into the game soon as I get up to 5
    updates a day (on my x86 system) and have never had a problem with something
    not being caught. My personal favourite after the many problems I have had
    with McAfee and Norton.

    John Barnes, Jul 9, 2005
  8. Colin Barnhorst wrote:
    > Also, eTrust AV 7.1 is a final and Avast is still in testing. The latter OK
    > for an enthusiast, but not for a production environment.

    Avast 4.6 is an RTM product; it's not "still in testing."

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH
    Bruce Chambers, Jul 9, 2005
  9. A couple of days ago when I checked the site it reported 4.6 was still in
    testing for x64. Perhaps that just ended but I suspect that it is rtm in
    general but still being evaluated for x64.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 9, 2005
  10. The reason why also recommend, they use it at Microsoft too.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 9, 2005
  11. I have been using the ESET NOD32 and it works great also.
    Their site also says that Microsoft uses their product and its free,
    (Believe this is a Beta I am using).
    Updates almost every day and supposidly has never missed anything.

    Uranus Brown

    Uranus Brown [LSMFT], Jul 9, 2005
  12. Yes, a few users have reported it being real good.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 13, 2005
  13. I have searched and download and search and tried them all, but the only one
    I've been able to get to work is Avast... it's good, but I would like to try
    e-Trust... I can't find that verision and the ones they offer to the public
    does not support ... Can you point the way???
    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=, Jul 13, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?T2xlIFN1bmRzdHJvbQ==?=

    Rick Guest

    If you want the eTrust trial version that is 64 bit code for win x64,
    you have to call and request the CD. The version they have for download
    on their web site is not x64 compatible. You want eTrust Antivirus
    v7.1, not eTrust EZ.

    I have eTrust Antivirus v7.1 loaded on my x64 system and it works great!

    Rick, Jul 13, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?T2xlIFN1bmRzdHJvbQ==?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    you can download a 90 day trial
    http://www.digitalriver.com/v2.0-img/operations/ca/site/promo/etrust_promotion.html

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Barb Bowman, Jul 13, 2005
  16. Correct. 7.1 is sold by the enterprise group and is not displayed if you
    pick 'Home or Home Office' products rather than Small and Medium Business.
    It is sold through partners. I got mine from HP.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 13, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?T2xlIFN1bmRzdHJvbQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Has a good rating at pricegrabbers