    (althroug NetScan works fine and fast). McAfee 9.1.8 (Home) refused to
    install.

    What's your experiencies? Thnx.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFsZXdpbmQ=?=, Jun 27, 2005

  2. There are several, I belive ClamWin, Avast, Symantec and McAfee have all
    released 64 bit versions along with some others. Computer Associates also
    has a native x64 version of eTrust. There will be more along soon from
    Company's such as Trend Micro and PC Cillin.

    Here are some recommendations:
    Symantec
    http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/products/products.cfm?ProductID=155

    Note: The x64 client that ships with AV Corp10 and it will not update it's
    signatures from the parent server, it has to use Live Update which I won't
    work through proxyservers.
    Avast

    The free one from Avast:

    Update: ESET the company made famous for it's multi-award winning Anti-Virus
    software NOD32 has advised WinBeta.Org that the beta of it's 64Bit
    Anti-Virus product is now available for download.

    NOD32 has risen to prominence over the last 7 years given that according to
    Virus Bulletin it has not missed a single in-the-wild virus since its
    release.
    http://www.winbeta.org/comments.php?id=3054&catid=1
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SGFsZXdpbmQ=?=

    DKI Guest

    Mcafee Enterprise 8i trial works fine, it will be the same as the full
    product but with time limit

    Symantec new corp version is suppose to support x64 but not any other
    version

    even though you use out the box drivers i do recommend you update those with
    the ones the manufuctures released,

    over all apart from a few old 32bit games that had 16 bit installers not i
    got a custom made installer which will install the software onto the new OS
    and was realy easy the OS works fine and for me worked better that XP its
    self and some old games that i had to use compatability wizard with on XP
    did'nt need to use it so bonus.

    DKI, Jun 27, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SGFsZXdpbmQ=?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Halewind.

    I don't know about the others, but Symantec has NOTHING yet for 64-bit
    consumers. And they don't even promise anything anytime soon. :>(

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...rton Internet Security&ver=2005&osv=&osv_lvl=

    That says, among other things:
    "If you need to install antivirus software on Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition (64-bit), you will find the applicable information in Symantec
    AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.0."

    But the matrix column headed "Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" has the
    one word "No" repeated on every line, top to bottom.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jun 27, 2005
  5. Symantec is the last one on my list I would purchase, since it has to be
    obtained in bulk or through OEM's if you want a single license.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SGFsZXdpbmQ=?=

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    Only the Corporate Versions of Norton Anti-Virus and McAfee VirusScan
    Support X64. If you are a home user, you can use Avast 4.6 Home Edition
    Free of Charge (http://www.avast.com). P.S. I tried installing the Beta
    Version of McAfee 10.0 for Home Users and it will not install on X64, it
    pops up an error message that I do not have a Compatible Version of Windows
    for it. I have had no problems at all with Avast, however.

    Kevin Panzke, Jun 27, 2005
  7. I don't think Symantec will be supporting any of there 2006 retail products
    on x64 either, probably not until next year or when the market really
    demands it.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005
  8. The only AV I'm aware of specifically written for the 64-bit, is Computer
    Associates eTrust Antivirus (this is a corporate edition, not the EZ
    Antivirus client version).

    It's "64-bit version" explicitly mentioned in the pop-up windows 'n' all
    .... :)

    Julian Lord [PROneTworks], Jun 27, 2005
  9. Yes, a Microsoft employee said thats the one they use.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?SGFsZXdpbmQ=?=

    Rick Guest

    eTrust Antivirus for Windows XP Pro x64

    Computer Associates confirms eTrust Antivirus version 7.1 is compatible
    with x64, but the download trial version setup program will not run on
    the 64-bit OS. You have to call CA to have a CD sent that has the
    correct program.

    The cost, even though it's a corporate version, is reasonable. You can
    get a single license for one year for $38.00, 2 years for $50.16, and 3
    years for $62.32.

    Rick, Jun 27, 2005