    gotten it to work right on any computer. Now Computer Associates is
    trying to build its own empire in my computer. Can anybody out there
    recommend a decent virus scanner?

    dogbreath, Jan 26, 2006

  2. dogbreath

    Uplink Guest

    avast antivirus works for my computer really good

    Uplink, Jan 27, 2006

  3. dogbreath

    Uplink Guest

    avast antivirus works for my computer really good

    avast.com

    Uplink, Jan 27, 2006
  4. dogbreath

    JTJersey Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:34:08 -0700, dogbreath wrote:

    > I was using CA eTrust antivirus and not unhappy with it, until their
    > latest "update" turned out to be a whole new program. For many
    > reasons I didn't like it. I went to their FAQs page, and it said I
    > could only access it with IE or Netscape. So I asked them why I can't
    > read FAQs with Firefox. The response is, "Let me inform you that
    > Computer Associates software is compatible only with Internet Explorer
    > and it does not support any other browser."
    >
    > Well that's the dumbest thing I ever heard.
    >
    > Norton is bloated, and McAffee is always so full of bugs I've never
    > gotten it to work right on any computer. Now Computer Associates is
    > trying to build its own empire in my computer. Can anybody out there
    > recommend a decent virus scanner?

    AVG Free from Grisoft.com works well.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Jan 27, 2006
  5. dogbreath

    Abe Guest

    AVG FREE EDITION is awesome. I have recommended it to several friends and
    have used it for some time myself with no problems. best thing is it updates
    automatically daily and you will never be asked to buy the full version or
    need to purchase a license to get updates.

    Abe, Jan 27, 2006
  6. dogbreath

    dogbreath Guest

    Thanks much, guys. I downloaded both Avast and AVG and put them on
    different computers. In a few months maybe I'll know which one I like
    better.

    I must say I sure like AVG's user interface and documentation. Well
    done. Not much experience yet with Avast. We'll see.

    dogbreath, Jan 28, 2006
  7. dogbreath

    Plato Guest

    dogbreath wrote:

    > >> Norton is bloated, and McAffee is always so full of bugs I've never
    > >> gotten it to work right on any computer. Now Computer Associates is

    My main problem with McAffee is that it falsely ID's many old dos utils
    as viruses. It may even say official MS-Dos utils on bootdisks are
    trojans. Seems nobody there has ever used dos. Which makes sense really,
    ie hire the youngest, which are the cheapest coders, so how can you
    expect them to have a clue on dos utils.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 28, 2006
  8. dogbreath

    Roy B Guest

    Is the AVG trial version the same as the FREE version'
    I couldn't find the free one on their site.

    Roy B, Feb 5, 2006
  9. dogbreath

    bambam Guest

    bambam, Feb 5, 2006
  10. dogbreath

    Roy B Guest

    On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 10:00:31 GMT, bambam <>
    wrote:

    > (Roy B) wrote in news::
    >
    >> Is the AVG trial version the same as the FREE version'
    >> I couldn't find the free one on their site.

    >Have a look here-
    >
    >http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1/lng/us/tpl/v5

    Thank you bambam

    Roy B, Feb 5, 2006
  11. dogbreath

    bambam Guest

    On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 14:37:52 +0000, Roy B wrote:

    > On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 10:00:31 GMT, bambam <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> (Roy B) wrote in news::
    >>
    >>> Is the AVG trial version the same as the FREE version'
    >>> I couldn't find the free one on their site.

    >>Have a look here-
    >>
    >>http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1/lng/us/tpl/v5

    > Thank you bambam

    Your welcome. :)