    spammers 'china-netcom'. E-mail me for more
    details

    --

    Snoopy, Dec 19, 2005

  2. Snoopy

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...

    > Seems I can no longer invoke Antivir from the command line after
    > downloading the new Antivir9x version. Any way around this?

    From memory, no - doesn't it say its 4 DOS, 95,8 etc?

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Dec 19, 2005

  3. Snoopy

    Snoopy Guest

    On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:53:41 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...
    >>
    >> Seems I can no longer invoke Antivir from the command line after
    >> downloading the new Antivir9x version. Any way around this?

    >From memory, no - doesn't it say its 4 DOS, 95,8 etc?

    It used to work - until they changed the underlying engine in Antivir
    to version 633. Yes I do have the correct Antivir for my operating
    system (Win95).

    I used to have to download a separate program dubbed 'ave32.exe' that
    would work from the command line. In the new release notes they said
    that 'ave32.exe' had been replaced by 'aveboot.exe'. However, no
    'aveboot.exe' is available for the 'Antivir9x'.

    I wondered if I might be able to grab 'aveboot.exe' from one of the
    versions of Antivir that does have it? I tried sticking 'aveboot.exe
    download' into Google and didn't come up with anything useful.

    SNOOPY

    --
    Join the fight against aggressive, unrepentant

    Snoopy, Dec 20, 2005