    money?

    Thanks.

    , Oct 1, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > I've seen the products sold and I was wondering if they are a good
    > idea. Those of you who are techs, what do you use when you move
    > hardware around? I've also seen these 3 fan pads to place under a
    > laptop so that it doesn't heat up too much. Are they a waste of
    > money?

    Can't help you on the antistatic, but the cooling pads are a good idea
    *if* either your laptop's internal fan is working correctly or if you
    use it with it sitting on a bed, sofa or other object that might
    obstruct airflow. It's not a bad idea to use one otherwise, but probably
    not required.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 1, 2007

  3. Rôgêr wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> I've seen the products sold and I was wondering if they are a good
    >> idea. Those of you who are techs, what do you use when you move
    >> hardware around? I've also seen these 3 fan pads to place under a
    >> laptop so that it doesn't heat up too much. Are they a waste of
    >> money?

    > *if* either your laptop's internal fan is working correctly or if you

    Should have read "isn't working correctly".

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 1, 2007
  4. phrogee Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> I've seen the products sold and I was wondering if they are a good
    >> idea. Those of you who are techs, what do you use when you move
    >> hardware around? I've also seen these 3 fan pads to place under a
    >> laptop so that it doesn't heat up too much. Are they a waste of
    >> money?

    > Can't help you on the antistatic, but the cooling pads are a good idea
    > *if* either your laptop's internal fan is working correctly or if you use
    > it with it sitting on a bed, sofa or other object that might obstruct
    > airflow. It's not a bad idea to use one otherwise, but probably not
    > required.

    I found a cooling fan is great when working the computer hard, say with many
    programs open. Heat is the bane for destroying laptop HDD's.

    --
    phrogee

    phrogee, Oct 2, 2007